thirty seven.

Sunset skies and heavy lies

The house was quiet now except for Nara's soft cries. Jungkook stared at the front door with his hand in a loose fist then his hand slowly relaxed.

"Jungkook..."

He cleared his throat, turning back to face Taehyung who had called his name softly. He watched as the younger rocked Nara until she calmed down. "You should go after your son. I'll be okay here." He told him with a slight smile.

"I'll be here with them too." Bora said, going back to Taehyung's side. Jungkook stared at both of them who tried their best to give their most reassuring look. He scratched the back of his head and nodded in silence.

There was no other exchange of words as Jungkook turned back around, slipping his shoes on and leaving the apartment after his raged son.

It took some time but Jungkook finally found Beomsoo sitting on a curb on a quiet street. Jungkook approached him in a slow manner. The boy only looked up when he heard footsteps stop right next to him.

The boy quickly looked away, not saying a word.

"You know that Taehyung is part of the family now and so is your sister, Nara."

Beomsoo sighed, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he keeps his eyes averted from his father. "I know." He mumbled.

There was a long pause of silence.

"I just want to know why you did it? Why did you cheat on mom?" He asked and Jungkook sighed himself, sitting down onto the curb next to him with a soft groan. "As crazy as it sounds, I did it to save the marriage."

Beomsoo scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I know, I know." Jungkook paused.

"Your mother and I were going through some tough times. I needed to bring money in quickly or she was going to file for a divorce." He began then looked up at the sunset sky. Beomsoo glanced over at his dad.

"Taehyung offered a solution that I, at the time, had a hard time refusing." Jungkook admitted honestly then continued to explain everything that had happened.

"And now we're here. That's the story."

Beomsoo stayed quiet, picking at his pants as he tried to process everything. It was alot to take in and Jungkook didn't blame him.

"Is it really that weird? To be able to have kids as a guy?" He asked in a muffled voice. Almost like he wasn't sure if he wanted to know the answer. Jungkook looked at him with raised brows while blinking his eyes.

"It's rare but it's not weird." Jungkook answered with a shrug while watching his son's reaction. "But you didn't take it so well. Is it not because of that?"

Jungkook sighed, scratching his head. He looked down at his own feet. "No. I guess I freaked out because I was in a situation I couldn't get out of without facing consequences. I wanted to run away instead of facing my problems." He said.

"Once I finally figured out what it was that I wanted, the situation didn't feel like a situation anymore but rather a blessing." He chuckled, feeling embarrassed as he thought back to how he reacted.