relatioship issues : communication

Enjoy my stupidity
______________

"Maybe we should just talk a bit more" naruto blurted out of the blue once.

He and kyuubi were at the forest of death , also known as training ground 44.

Since nobody wanted to leave him alone , naruto asked If they could spend some quality time together somewhere private.

Kurama 'agreed'(more like shrugged off and disappeared, making naruto look around the  forest for them for a good 30minutes ).

But since they got here , an hour ago, no words has been said aside for some frustrated mumbling from the blonde as he failed to preform some random move or jutsu. 

Kurama , who was leaning against a tree with a few animals by their side , raised an eyebrow .
"Excuse me ?"

Naruto stopped mid hand sign , whatever jutsu he was planing to preform now forgotten.

His arms dropped to his sides.

"I mean ... We barely know anything about eachother-"

"Trust me , I know everything about you." Kurama interrupted him with an annoyed tone.
"I basically live in your head...or in this case : your stomach"

Naruto blushed brightly , but couldn't help but frown.

"Yeah , I know...uh what I meant is that I almost don't know a thing about you"

The blonde walked up to where the other was sitting and plopped down besides them , scaring some small animals.

Kurama scoffed, but didn't comment.

"Like , I know the basic things, your name , who you ACTUALLY are , what you're capable of ...which is a lot and terrifying, and a bit about your siblings and father...and that's about it, right ?" naruto rubbed his chin trying to remember anything he knows about his mate that he didn't say.

Kurama kept quiet. The air around them was growing colder by the second. Naruto didn't notice.

"Yeah, I think that's about it. We really need to talk more , I mean like...we barely do talk actually. And when we do its mostly just arguments" he scoffed."and besides , if we actually want this 'relationship'_ " he air quoted the word " _to actually go on we need to communicate more. and besides , I really want to know more about you" naruto shrugged, looking over at them with an easy smile.

"You already know too much"

"Eh?"

Kurama got up swiftly and made their way deeper into the woods , paying no mind to the confused and startled blonde.

"What the- hey wait !!" Naruto jumped up to his feet and sprinted to catch up with the demon.

"What do you mean 'I know too much'?! "

Kurama kept their silence. Staring ahead with a neutral expression.

"Oi you bastard !! Don't ignore me !!" Naruto ordered loudly. hurrying up to block the other's way, hopefully to stop them.

But his attempt was in vain as kyuubi gracefully avoided the human barrier .

Naruto growled under his breath.

"I just want to know more about you !!! What's wrong with that!?"

He called out , frustration clear in his voice .

"Shut up ! Stop pretending to care."

His thoughts all jumbled into a confused mess .

"That's how it always starts..."

Naruto turned to catch up to them again only to find no one near.

What ?

"Damn it ! KURAMA ?? WHERE ARE YOU ???"

naruto frowned .

"Shadow clone jutsu!" Six naruto appeared and he ordered them to go look in different directions.

'Why are you so damn difficult..?'

' "how it always starts?" , what do you mean by always ?'

Naruto left to search for his mate , more confused than ever , but also determined.

'Somebody must've did  something to you before...are you afraid I will do so too?'

'...'

______

Somewhere in an old temple , an orange-red haired teen dropped to their knees in front of a huge statue.

Kurama's expression became troubled, silently looking over at an unfinished seal on the wall.

'I want to know more about you'

  Naruto had said to them with such a pure intention.

'I would love to know more about you

Isn't that what they were told before ?

Kurama , subconsciously, reached one hand to their eyes.

Lies
Lies
Lies

Humans never change.

It's for best if thing stay the way they are.

The crimson eyes didn't leave the seal.

Even if it would've been really...really nice if ..

Kurama got up from their spot and left deeper into the temple.