schemes of malice

:D somebody needs to stop me- I just published another story- a highschool AU this time.

Is this who we are ?!? Is this what we represent !?

Welp I'm already in deep, might as well.

Enjoy y stupidity
__________________

Kurama watched as naruto left through the window in a hurry, his form getting smaller and smaller until it disappeared. The blonde had left to find his sensei to get some answers, warning the demon that this may be worse than they think.

Bold of him to assume that they didn't already figure out what that little seal was for.

Kurama carelessly swept their gaze away from the direction naruto went in, in favour of watching the setting sun.

Was it already so late in the day? Time really did fly, did it not?

The world seemed to shine with a warm gentle glow as the sun melted into the horizon. The pink sky added to the picture perfect image of a memorable sunset. People, civilians and ninja alike, went about their evenings as they usual did. The village was bustling with life, stands finally opening and more people leaving their homes to bask in the last glimmers of light for the day.

the beautiful scenery, the white noise and the sweet promise of a silvery moon did nothing to warm the cold detached crimson eyes of the kitsune.

"One might as well enjoy such beautiful moment while they can" They whispered to no one in particular, the room grew cold despite the lingering light "you don't know when the tragedy might strike.."

After a while of just standing in one spot, the redhead finally moved. Kurama processed the current situation with a hum.

So there was a strange seal just laying around.

A bunch of stalkers with emotional issues.

And a dinner-

"I completely forgot about that" Kurama mumbled, dismissing the passing idea as it wasn't all that relevant at the moment.

There was also the problem of the chakra pulling purpose the seal seemed to be serving.

'Ahh yes that' Kurama thought bitterly. The notion of having their chakra forcefully taken from them to be used for some foolishly selfish reason was something they wished to never experience again.

It happened times and times before, but this time..

Kurama nodded to themselves reassuringly, the air around growing even colder with each passing second as their small frown was slowly disappearing. instead a smile graced their lips, cold and sinister.

This time around they had control over the situation, and they'll make sure to exploit this control to the fullest.

"Mistakes were made, decisions were taken" the demon turned around gracefully, their long hanfu moving along with the action. They stopped to eye the offending seal with glee.

"Konoha dug it's own grave, soon to be dragging mankind with it"

They kneeled down, reaching one hand to the kanji before pressing a few fingers down.

Kurama hissed when they felt the burn and pull on their chakra yet they didn't pull away.

The seal glowed red, dark and menacing, burning at the edges as it corners started to wither away.

'As expected...this wasn't done for the purpose of storing my unfiltered chakra..they need it to go through naruto'

Before the seal could wither any further, they pulled their hand to themself healing it.

"humanity gave us no other choice..." Kurama got up slowly, taking the time to reflect on everything up to that point.
"we're tired of being walked all over by these filthy power hungry mortals who think that they're gods" they retreated when they felt naruto's chakra signature approaching the apartment.

The sun had finally disappeared. leaving the silver moon to rise, to claim the heavens for her own.

And Kurama smirked in satisfaction when they couldn't feel a filthy familiar presence with naruto or anywhere near him.

Looks like the boy couldn't find his godfather.

'Shame, truly a shame'

'Tell me, did you find the old pervert ?' Kurama asked trough their shared mind link. 'You better say yes, I need this seal removed as fast as humanly possible.'

That little seal was their ticket to victory.

Humans hunger for power is going to be their downfall.

They welcomed the distressed blonde with open arms as he explained how he couldn't find jiraiya anywhere.

"Where the hell is he when I need him...?"
"Funny how he disappeared when the little home addition appeared out of the nowhere..." Kurama mumbled loud enough for naruto hear.
"Kurama..." He censured, but the warning died in his voice when the redhead shook it off with a small genuine smile.
"stop stressing yourself, your hair will turn grey before its time" Kurama shook their head, slowly guiding the blonde to sit. "We can deal with the seal later, as you know we have more pressing matters at hand"
Naruto proceeded to stare at them in confusion. " what..what pressing matters..?" He asked slowly.

"Don't we have a 'dinner' with your teachers tomorrow?" Kurama asked back, mirroring naruto's expression.

Silence settled over the two as naruto processed the question.

"Oh..Oh OH !!" Naruto sprung up from his seat and looked at Kurama with wide panicked eyes.
"I forgot!!" he hissed loudly, "shit- the seal! now the dinner !? I can't catch a break!" He complained and Kurama hummed in agreement.

"Quite the important person you became since I entered the picture" they joked getting up and following the frantic blonde.

"This is no time for jokes!" Naruto shot back as they both entered the bedroom. Neither of them spared a glance to the seal and Kurama smirked.

Good, good. Very good.

________
________

Sorry I made this short BUT BUT BUT it was intentional-
1: cause I just wanted to post something 👉👈
2: cause I'm writing other things as well
3: cause I wanted to give y'all a taste of what's to come :)

Remember Kurama is not a good person, they're not a villain either.

They're chaotically morally grey. And if I were them, humanity would've long been no more.