sparks of jealousy

It's almost over
It has just begun
Don't overthink this
Look in my eyes
Don't be scared
Don't be shy
Come on in
The water's fine.

We did it ! We hit the 1k on this !
This chapter extra long for the queens the queers!

Enjoy my stupidity .
_________________

Hinata wasn't a vocal person, she was quiet and shy.
She tended to observe people from afar rather than speaking to them directly.
And that rule was especially applied to her crush.
Naruto uzumaki.
Hinata liked him very much since their pre-academy days, after he_oh so bravely_ saved her from some bullies that ganged up on her.
He was everything she ever admired and much more, he was loving, brave, selfless, a walking ray of sunshine, etc..

She watched him silently , admired him from a distance for as long as she could remember. although they barely spoke, it never stopped her from relishing in the rare and short moments they shared , even if it was in the presence of others and even if she wasn't his main focus as she would've liked , the fact that he acknowledged her and smiled at her so brightly was more than enough to make her heart swell in joy.

Sometimes she imagined how life will be like once she confesses to him.

Love

Kisses

Hugs

Holding hands... how lewd

But then she would sit down in her room after watching him train alone and think , what if someone else did that with naruto , what if someone else held his hand and smiled with him, and they shared sweet kisses under the moonlight ? That thought didn't sit right with her at all.

She experienced jealousy, and knew who to direct it at.

Sakura Haruno, she was her 'rival' in love and the girl naruto openly liked.

Or at least she and everyone else though so.

Hinata knew that Naruto liked Sakura since the academy days but she also knew that Sakura loved sasuke. So she considered that Sakura's love wasn't something her crush would ever win.
And she was right.

Sakura was too enamored to see the blond's feelings or even consider them.

Hinata thought she was in the clear , and knew she was the only girl to like him like that. Which might have been confusing seeing as naruto was the best guy anybody could ask for, not that she was complaining , the less competition the better.

But...

Something inexplicable happened after naruto came back from his training trip, he no longer showed interest in Sakura and Hinata was over the moon with happiness, she considered confessing to him times and times again but stopped herself .
She tried to think of reasons why naruto lost interest in the pinkette and came out with a few explanations :
_he just got over his childish crush.
_he gave up on her since he knew she would never reciprocate his feelings
_or he simply found someone new.
The last option made her sick in realization. Naruto was gone for 3 years , surely he had came across a lot of other people , women , men, surely there was a possibility that he found himself a lover during the absence.
After a while of observing the blond, she decided to cross that though out of her mind.
Naruto was alone, there was nobody accompanying him other than his sensei when he came back, and he never mentioned anything about dating.