watchers

So I would like to start by saying- damn 3k already ??? I'm proud of y'all .
Second of all : I unpublished my other narukyuu story "counting days" for rewriting purposes, it shall be back soon along with the other narukyuu fanfics I'm publishing.

Other than that , please enjoy my stupidity
_____________

"Calm down, your restlessness is making me restless"

Naruto sighed turning to look at the redhead with a nervous look. If His nervousness was affecting the other, than that means he was really panicking.
"Sorry..." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck and turning around to pick up some of his discarded scrolls.
"it's just that...I'm a bit nervous-"
Kurama stood up with a huff cutting him off.
"The term 'nervous' is simply an understatement." They walked towards the teen.
"I know- I know ! Its just that I'm- " naruto tried to explain but shut his mouth and shook his head, frustration was clear on his face.
Kurama stood in front of him, keeping a distance of a few inches between them. They crossed their arms and regarded him "you are just what? Explain to me"
Naruto kept quiet but his darkening aura was doing all the talking kurama needed to hear.

The blonde has been like this since the dinner date was rescheduled to another day, courtesy of one hatake Kakashi.

From what kurama got, it must have happened right after they left the roof of the academy.
Hatake decided to pop out and "say hi"_which naruto called bullshit upon and angrily claimed that Kakashi was listening to them the whole time, kurama would disagree but they didn't tell naruto they were there as well and he did not need to know that_ and 'accidentally' heard something about dinner and one thing led to another, and now he was invited to attend.
Naruto wanted nothing more than to wipe the floor with that annoying eye-smile Kakashi gave him at the moment.

"what are we supposed to do about this...? He knows you'll be there" the ninja asked, carefully decreasing the space between them and noting the way kurama's fingers twitched when he did.

They need to work on that, or at least just talk about it.

"I don't see what's the big deal, the other humans saw me and he will be no different" kurama spoke confidently with a smirk, relishing in the memories of that day.
Naruto frowned "but it's different !!!" He threw his hands in the air, frustrated. "This time we're gonna be together and asked questions!! Question after question after question! Kakashi-sensei will try to know everything and if we don't answer or hesitate he will get more suspicious and I'll never hear the end of it-" naruto continued to rant but kurama long had tuned him out and focused on something else.

"-And then Ero-sennin will start interrogating me-" kurama hummed with a small nod, clearly not hearing a thing.
"And- and then-" naruto tried to continue but was cut off when kurama closed the remaining distance between them and hugged him.
"...uh..?" Naruto froze for a few second."kurama...?"
It was The demon's turn to stay silent and naruto couldn't help but sigh softly.
"Sorry..." He whispered lowly, coming down from his panicked high.
"... Its fine" came the slightly muffled response.
"Still..thanks..." He hugged them back tightly "I needed that...I really did"
He dismissed the silence as kurama's pride forbidding them from speaking further and chuckled.

"I...I l-...thanks"he mumbled rocking both of them back and fort.

They stood there for a while before naruto had to leave for a team meeting.
"do I get a kiss?" He asked sheepishly.
"You did nothing to deserve it" kurama replied stepping back and resuming their former pose with a raised eyebrow.
"Ohhh....come on !!" He whined loudly and kurama shook their head at the childish action.

After a while naruto had left ...and got his kiss somehow.

Kurama was left to stand alone in the middle of the living room, alone. They hugged themself after wiping their mouth with the their long sleeve, guilt crept into their core for a second before kurama shook it off.