sly fox/ disaster approaching

It's July already? God damn time flies.

Enjoy my stupidity
___________________

Tobi was unhappy.

Tobi was very very unhappy.

How does one, huge, oblivious, walking force of pure nature energy disappear without a trace in the matter of days?

The masked man watched the still water silently, the way the liquid no longer contained any sort of corrosive chakra was enough to confirm his fears.

Yup, the beast had gone bye bye.

Tobi could only recalculate his plan as his partner flew over the lake, perched on top of a huge clay-made bird, dropping clay bombs and leaving massive explosions in his wake.

"No good, no good at all."

Capturing the threetails is essential to their plans, if that wasn't obvious, but they also can't awaken the juubi unless they find the turtle.

Tobi remained quiet, watching as the blonde explosion-obsessed maniac finally landed in the still water with an irritated expression.

"It seems the beast changed locations for some reason." His sharingan spun rapidly, the air around him grew cold. "We can't afford Any changes or delays in the plan."

He didn't need to turn around to know his words have been heard.

"Find it."

A huge sickly green Venus fly trap closed its sharp teeth and sunk into the ground without a sound.

"I will not fail."

__________________________

"The sanbi?"

"Yeah, isobu."

Naruto sat at the edge of a bed with a worried expression. Thank God his other teammates were either in different rooms or outside the building doing God knows what.

"The Threetails name is isobu?" He asked curiously, leaning to the side trying to get a good look at the fox's small form.

Why are they in that shape all of the sudden?

"Mhm, that's their name." They nodded from their place, snuggled up on top of a nearby desk with their tails serving as a fluffy cushion.

The blonde got up, making his way to the smaller creature. "You told'em about the Akatsuki, didn't you?" He asked, already knowing the answer. He reached down with one hand to poke one of the fluffy tails only to have it slap his hand away.

"Ow! Hey-"

"Yes I did. Didn't take it very well." They replied nonchalantly.

Naruto rubbed his hand, which spotted a red mark, and grumbled. "Well it's expected..." He sighed. "If I knew some assholes were running after me trying to seal me into some freaking statue I will be freaked out too!" He explained making the other roll their eyes dramatically.

"You do realize they're doing almost the same to you, right?"

Naruto stopped for a moment before dropping his hand from his grasp and rubbing the back of his neck in new found unease.

"Yeah...but still..knowing that they already sealed four of your siblings already must have been horrifying..."

At this kurama went quiet.

Not getting a response, Naruto glanced at the fox only to find them staring at the wall with narrowed eyes.

The blonde frowned."What's wrong?" He asked, concern clear in his voice.