big brother iruka

Hehehehe-
The rock version of Montero just hits different-

Enjoy my stupidity
______________________

   "Remember when I said I wanted you to meet somebody close to me ?"
   Iruka looked up from his papers to stare at the open window.
  "Ahh naruto-kun, good morning" the chunin smiled putting his pen down and getting up. He walked up to naruto, who made himself comfortable on one of the back seats by the window. 
   "Its been a while since I last dropped in, I was really busy lately" the blond rubbed the back of his neck and gave Iruka a sheepish grin.
   Iruka smiled fondly at him, walking up to the last row, and leaned on one of the tables. "Its fine really, I've been just as busy-" he grinned "the chunin exams are approaching and the new batch of genin are excited".
   Naruto laughed softy, he remembered his own excitement at the news of the exam when he was younger.
   "...they kind of remind me of you, I was sick worried that may get hurt or worse" Iruka averted his gaze to stare at the still opened window. "I'm still worried about them, but not as much" he shrugged off

"Beautiful day, is it not?"

  "It is.."

    The blond sighed and silently stared at his big brother figure.

  When was the last time they met for dinner or ramen at ishiraku's ? Naruto frowned, he couldn't quite remember.
   He was too busy with this whole 'dating' business. From trying to get kurama to open up to hiding their relationship. and now with everyone on their toes, it has gotten significantly more stressful and time consuming.

   "So...you probably heard some rumors that i just happen to be seeing somebody..." Naruto started off with a tone of a child trying to justify a mistake.
  Iruka took one last look at the lonely swing before meeting the blue eyes of his ex-student.
    He sighed with an uneasy smile, naruto felt his panic rising up in his throat.
  til Iruka spoke "yeah, I've heard so." He turned to full face the blond teen. "And I've heard some...stuff_" naruto went tense " not necessarily good stuff" he clarified crossing his arms.
  'Shit-' naruto cussed in his head, he was hoping he would reach Iruka before the news.
   He waited to hear the same words he heard from the others but iruka's smile became softer as he spoke his next words.
   "But-" naruto head perked up like a puppy and iruka's smile reached his eyes " it was to be expected , you already know who you are and what people foolishly think of you as. It won't be a surprise that they will think the worst of you doing the slightest things"

  Man, is there anyone better than Iruka?

Naruto sighed in relief loudly, Iruka laughed softly.

  thank Inari-sama

   "So I knew that if I wanted to know anything, I'll have to ask you" he approached naruto and sat by him "so I waited for you to come around and tell me yourself"
  "You'll be the first to do so-" naruto blurted out with an upset tone. If the others took it like Iruka did, things would've been just swell. "Everyone is acting like they're some sort of international super spy that only wants to hurt me, as if I'm not capable of-" he cut himself off before he could say something out of rage.
   The chunin shrugged off "I trust that you're more than just able to choose who to date and who to befriend, you're no longer a naïve child and would know danger when you see it-" Iruka cut himself off the second he heard a small sniff.
   He turned to watch with surprise as the blond trembled slightly.
"Naruto-kun.."
"Thanks- thanks nii-san"Iruka almost jumped at the title, his eyes growing wider. the blond looked up with watery eyes. " you're the first to say that-" he sniffed looking back down with anger"-everyone else thinks I'm some sort of idiot of doesn't know who to trust" he threw his hands in the air.
  "They started interrogating me like I'm some rouge nin- and guess what !? They even sent a team to my apartment at dawn to watch over me-" he complained , and Iruka frowned in distaste " that's too much-" he pointed out , rubbing comforting circles on his little brother's back "I understand their concern , not really, but that's overreacting"
  "Oh! And wouldn't guess why I didn't come sooner-?" Naruto laughed bitterly " they had fucking ANBU watching over me at all time"
  Iruka gasped softly "that's ridiculous-"
"I know-" naruto gritted his teeth .

The two sat in a comforting silence for a few minutes. Naruto silent gratitude wasn't invisible to Iruka , who just smiled sweetly.

"Would you like to come for dinner tomorrow ? You can bring them with you if you're comfortable with it" Iruka suggested and naruto smiled in return .
  "Yeah- I would love for you to meet them tomorrow."

_____________

On the academy roof sat a redhead with a thoughtful expression.
  Naruto's emotional storm was mostly all they felt trough out the time they listened to the whole convo.

  Kurama hummed softly picking up a random leaf that found its way to land by them.
   The green leaf glimmers in the sunlight and they find themself smiling as the storm finally calmed down.
   Naruto was finally at ease and so was the other human with him.

  Kurama got up dusting themself up, they should probably leave now.

Humans weren't something they fancied but...

They silently added another human to their OK list and disappeared in a swirl of red flames.

Surely, Tomorrow will be something.

===============

   Oof another book about this ship coming in fast- in a day or so-
  Its a new AU I had in mind for a while.

I hope you enjoyed .