the burn of a seal

*throws tiny chapter*
*crawls back into dark cave*
Enjoy my stupidity
__________________

When naruto got home, he went straight to find kurama. The guy looked around to try and locate the redhead but to no avail.

"Kurama?" He called out softly,  inspecting the living room.

"You're back, huh? Took you long enough" the grumpy voice of his mate greeted him from behind, and naruto chuckled softly.
   "Hello to you too" he answered turning around to give the redhead a hug, only to stop in his tracks once his eyes settled on them.

   "Is your hand okay?" He asked, concern quickly taking over his expression. Kurama kept both hands to their chest, the right one clutching the left tightly. their expression was that of subtle distress, which in turn made naruto's worry sky rocket.
    "Tell me What happened ?" The blond urged kurama to answer, and closed the distance between them swiftly. He reached to take kurama's left hand in his but stopped when they gripped it tighter.

"Don't touch it, It's still burning" kurama hissed lowly and the blond immediately stepped back. He held arms up in surrender, but the his worried expression grew more dramatic.

  "Why is it burning !?" He asked. "I touched a strange seal that you had lying around and it burned me..." They growled narrowing their eyes in accusation, and naruto's eyes widened before swelling in confusion and guilt.
   "One of MY seals did that to you?? But all I have lying around is protection seals and storage ones..." Near the end of his sentence naruto lowered both his arms and voice. He tried to think of any other seal or experiments he might have forgot to store with the others that could cause the demon physical harm.

   He drew a blank.

"I don't think any of my seals could possibly hurt you" he mumbled softly, trying to assess the damage on kurama's hand. "Can you show me the burn ?" He asked, careful not to let any other emotion other than concern show trough his voice.

  When he looked at them again, he was surprised to find that Kurama's face fell into a neutral expression. They regarded him with a vigilante gaze and naruto's frown deepened.

"Hey...what's wrong ?" He tried again, a bit more tenderness slipped through his concern and the demon finally responded.

   "It's nothing major, a bit of a burn around the palm and middle finger." They gazed away with sudden disinterest in the human. "Nothing to worry about, it'll heal in no time." Kurama shrugged, carefully dropping their hand to their side away from naruto's worried prying eyes.

  The blond stared at them confused.
  "What do mean 'nothing to worry about ?'" he asked incredulously "didn't you just say it was burning!?" Honestly, naruto was starting to wonder if the burn somewhat messed something up in the demon's head.

   "Would you like to take a look at the seal?" They asked, completely dismissing the boy's confusion and questions.

   Naruto's eyes narrowed. Okay, that was not even a subtle way of avoiding the question. Normally Kurama would be rather upfront and frank about not wanting to answer a question, avoiding it like that wasn't really a thing they did. The blonde frowned and decided to ask questions later and follow the redhead for now, maybe things will be a bit clearer when he sees the seal for himself.

    "Okay....lead the way?"

___________________
___________________

Okay... what fuck is this ?

Naruto was officially puzzled and disturbed as he knelt by the couch to inspect the strange seal.
   "That is certainly not my work..." He mumbled, his eyes running across the dark inked characters. "Judging by the structure....this a.._" naruto reached one hand to run it across the kanji only to pull it back the second he felt the burn.
    "What the-" he jumped back pulling his hand to himself. A small burn mark appeared on his fingertips.

   "Ahhh...its burned you as well?" Kurama nodded absentmindedly, seemingly oblivious to the look naruto shot them. They mumbled something akin to 'how delightful...' And kept their eyes on the strange seal.

   Naruto dismissed the mentally absent demon's words in favor of inspecting the seal's damage on his hand some more.

  'Well that's weird' he hummed,  worry started to settle in his stomach 'the seal burned me when I touched it...that shouldn't be a thing.' He rubbed his fingertips together, felling the burn heal slowly. 'That's also concerning' a tiny little burn should've already healed but instead there it is, still stinging.

  "Hey..Kurama is you hand still burning" he asked and Kurama nodded in response.

  'Weird...' Naruto got up and joined Kurama to stand a bit far away from the problem. The blonde wondered if he should ask about the demon's own burn but brushed it off for the moment. There was some rather pressing problems to deal with first : case and point the strange burning seal that glowed red for no particular reason.

"Well...what do you see?" Kurama suddenly asked, seemingly back from whatever dream land they were on mere seconds ago.
   The blonde raised an eyebrow, slightly taken back .
"What happened to you ..?" He asked, putting aside the major problem to scrutinize his mate. "You kind of just .._" naruto struggled to find the right word for a second " _kind of just spaced out for a moment there" he directed his gaze toward the burnt hand only for Kurama to cross their arms hiding it from his eyes yet again.

   "As much as I enjoy the attention, this is _sadly_ not about me." The demon replied with their usual unimpressed tone. their fine hand pointed at the seal as they repeated their question more forcefully.

  "Well, what do YOU see in that little problem?"

   Naruto pondered which problem to tackle first, only to sigh in defeat knowing Kurama would only keep pressing on the current issue with the unknown seal instead of explaining what's happening with them.

  "I..don't exactly know.." He decided to be completely honest." Well it does seem to have the same structure as that of battery seal...you know the one used to store chakra..." Naruto continued on, heedless of the gears turning in the demon's head " but I also noticed some ...I don't really know" he mumbled frustrated. rubbing the back of his head, the blonde tried to remember where he saw those characters before.

  "A chakra storage of some sort you say?" Kurama cut in before he could open his mouth again.

  Naruto stopped and nodded with a frown. "Yeah a chakra storage seal" he  confirmed, then hummed. "Why here tho?" He asked and

Bingo

"You're right...why would such seal randomly appear in the very same house where the one and only jinchuriki of the ninetails lives...?"

"Huh?" Naruto asked dumbfounded, but you could see the gears slowly turning in his head, picking up speed as his complexion became paler and paler.

"Putting a storage for chakra near a living power house..." Kurama tapped their bottom lip in interest.

Naruto's eyes widened as he understood what the demon was obviously pointing it.

"What could they possibly want with that..?"

"I think you and I both know."
_____________
_____________

Eyo schools going back in 10 days, bestie I am NOT prepared for THAT. Summer barely started and we already going back ?...mmm no

Oh and

GUESS WHO PUBLISHED ANOTHER STORY ???? I did, it was me :3