𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 : 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚛

—————

The next day at school I did my best to avoid Olive. Meaning, I had to avoid Miles as well. For some odd reason they had seemed to be most inseparable that day. Fortunately, Millie, Sadie and I all had a free period, giving us time to catch up.

"You never did tell us how last night went."
Sadie pointed out.

"It was fine. He has a really cute little sister, and a really nice-"
Shoot. Do. Not. Tell them.
"-Aunt."

"How about his mom and dad? Did you meet the parents of the-"

Millie coughed purposefully, cutting her off.

"They're out of town so their aunt is taking care of them."

"Oh that's nice!"

"Mhm." I answered lowering my head.

Millie turned to me.
"Have you asked him to the party yet?"

"Not yet, no."

Millie came to a complete stop, causing Sadie and I both to stop and look at her.
"Go ask him right now!" She bursted.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking.
"He's in class right now!" I exclaimed.

Catching up with me, she continued.
"It's Miles we're talking about, don't be so sure. Either way, so? What about it? Just sneak in and ask him."

"Aha, easier said than done Mills. And why would I do that?"

"Because if you don't ask now, you never will. Also, if what you say about Olive is true; her being possessive and all that? You'll never get the chance to."

She'd brought up a good point. I never would've gotten the chance nor the guts to do it. What did I have to lose? Another detention? Him telling me no? Not the biggest deal.

Going over the possible outcomes, I'd came to a conclusion.
"Ugh, fine! But if I go down-"

"We'll be going down with you. Don't even have to say it. We promise."

"Hey, what! I never told her to do this. You-" Sadie pointed at Millie, eyebrows raised. "-Will be going down with her."

"Fine, yes. I will be going down with you. Now go!"

"Okay, jeez! I wasn't even gonna say the whole going down with me thing. I'm going."
I huffed, speed walking toward a hallway of classrooms.

Why did I think this was gonna be a good idea? I don't have the slightest clue what class he's in. It could be any of these. He could be skipping for all I know! Shit I have to-

A teacher came out from around the corner and slowed down once he saw me. It was Mr. Jenkins; a jerkish biology teacher I'd had the year before. I tried to play it cool and walk past but he raised a fuss when I'd gotten closer.
"Can I ask what you're doing out of class?"

"I have a free period."

"What are you doing down here though, in this hallway? Without a pass? When you have a free period, it's not used to disrupt other students from their learning."