𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 : 𝚒𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛

—————

When I had found her she was alone with her back facing me. Sitting in the student lounge which was surprisingly empty. There were only a couple other people in there but they weren't really there there, as they were all doing their own thing silently. She had just been sitting there, leaned back in her chair with her arms folded over her stomach. Even when slouching she was still so visually prefect. It made me mad to be completely honest. She didn't belong in a normal high school. She'd belonged to some sort of models-in-training type of school. I sat in an arm chair facing opposite her and immediately dove into what I went there for.

"Why, hey there. That was quite the pep-rally, huh?"
I could tell she was upset. I knew I had previously damned the pity toward the situation but putting myself in her shoes, I guess I could've understood. I would've been upset too. You put yourself out there, in front of the entire school, just to be rejected in the worst way. No response at all. Maybe it hadn't been rejection though. Maybe he was just in shock in the moment. Then again, it'd been kind of messed up what she did too. She really put him out there, emotions out front and all on the table. Maybe they'd talked through and sorted everything out. But after all, lord knew Olive could hold a grudge pretty well.

"You probably thought so." She mumbled. When I got a better look at her, I saw that her face had been puffy and contained a rosy-ish tint. Had she been crying over the whole situation?

"So. This party's at your house right?"

"Of course you come over here with a motive."
She sat up and straightened herself out, crossing one leg over the other and clearing her face of any lingering 'weakness.'

"I wouldn't call it a motive but if it eases your mind, then sure. I was just thrown off guard by the whole good friends thing, but, y'know."

"Well a friend of Miles is a friend of mine I guess."

Yeah, okay sure. Like any of that'd be believable coming from her mouth. "Since when is that your motto?"

"Real talk for a second Margo." She paused and gathered the right words. "If Miles wasn't in the picture, we'd probably be the best of friends."

I sucked air through my teeth. "Hate to break it to ya, but that's definitely not true."

"And why's that?"

"Come on now.. I think it goes pretty well without saying. It speaks for itself. It stands alone. There's no question about it. How many other ways can I say that it should be obvious?"

"Okay, so a description isn't exactly necessary. But you're seriously saying you wouldn't wanna be my friend?"

Did it really take that much? Why did I have to keep spelling that out for her? "Yes Olive, that's exactly what I'm saying. Good following along.. What is it that's possessed you to ever think about becoming mine?"

"Well you're a total smart ass."

"And coming from you that's a..?"

"Compliment, obvi. I think we'd get along great, no?"

Obvi? Us get along great? How about..
"No."