𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 : 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎

—————

(!possible tw: drug use!)

-

We had agreed not to go back to school, but instead
went to his house. He didn't want them to know, so we climbed through his window. Apparently he had more stuff in his room, which I shouldn't have been surprised by.
So, we'd rolled joints—which is what he ended up getting some feeling out of— and were passing the last one back and forth.

"Miles."
One thing had been bothering me more in that moment than anything else. Even thought it was stupid, and I knew it was stupid, my curiosity continued to get the best of me. Stupid, yes.

"What?"

"Why won't you tell me the truth?"

"About what?"
He took two hits in the time that it took me to carry on with the question.

"Why you and Olive broke up."

He stared at me, annoyed.
"Margo."

"Yes, Miles?"

"Why won't you put it to rest?"

He passed the joint to me and I took it between my two fingers, taking another drag from it.
"Because I want to know, duh."

"You're so nosey."

"Fine then, don't tell me. And I am not nosey."

"When it comes to me you are, and it's annoying.. but that's alright."
He grabbed my nose between his pointer and thumb, turning my head away. "I didn't want all that. She loved me and- I just didn't feel the same way. I was never looking for her love, never wanted it."

"But she fell for you anyway. You can't control something like that. You love who you love."

"But why'd she have to love me?"

"Good question."

"Why couldn't she have just kept it to herself? I mean, keep that stuff inside. What sparked in her to think it was a clever idea to do that in front of everyone?"

"Yeah.. that was shit."

"But I wanna talk about you. I feel like there's always more I can know about you."

"I've told you a lot, but there is a lot you don't know."

"So, tell me more."

"Just ask me questions and I'll answer."

He'd finished the joint before proceeding.
"What do you do in your spare time that I don't already know about? I mean, you do school work, you read, you obsess over me, you masturbate to the thought of me.. what else?"

"Get over yourself! I've never done that!"

"Never done it to the thought of me or never done it at all?"

"Never done it at all."

"Woah, seriously? You've never even thought about it?"