𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎

—————

"What's wrong?"
Cylia asked immediately.

Sadie and Millie followed my stare and saw exactly what I saw, staring at the same two faces.

Millie tutted and spat out,
"Speak of the devil."

Sadie chimed in.
"Ha! And who could forget the devil's bride."

"How fitting.."
Joey mumbled.

They all turned their focus on me while I kept my focus on Miles and Olive. I caught Miles staring at our table while Olive stared down at the menu in her hands.

Millie continued.
"What a Miles thing for him to do. How did he know we were here anyway?"

I pulled my attention back to the table.
"He knew we were going out to dinner, but I never told him where. I wasn't even the one to tell him, Jayde was.. uh, hold on."
I whipped my phone out in front of my face, leaning my elbows on the table. That might have been defying the rules of proper table etiquette, but who cared?

-

miles

iMessage
Today 5:44 PM

margo:
why are you here miles?

miles:
i'm on a d8 with my girlfriend

margo:
really? right now? you just ever so conveniently had to come HERE. tonight? four tables away from us?

margo:
cmon miles just tell me the fucking truth. frankly
i'm not in the mood and i think that's the least you owe me.

miles:
trust me margo i don't owe u anything.
is this about ur party again??

margo:
we need to talk miles.

margo:
idk when you plan to do it, whether it's now or tomorrow
but i just need to set a couple things straight. k?

miles:
u suck

-

I slipped my phone back into my purse and glared at him. He'd said something to Olive and quickly after signaled to me once she was no longer paying attention. He had signaled for me to excuse myself from the table. I understood the signal and nodded unnoticeably. He then got up and walked inside of the restaurant.

"Ah, I've gotta go to the restroom real quick. I'll be right back."

Sadie looked at me, her eyes holding concern.
"You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah I'll be fine Sades."
I reached over to gratefully touch her hand and she smiled. "Thank you though, truly. Be back shortly!"

I smiled soft and pushed my chair out from my seat at the table, following the same path Miles took. I looked around and saw him standing by the corner of a hallway. I'd been pretty sure it was the restroom hallway, but it did the trick. I walked over to him and sighed when I'd approached. He stood there, hands in his formal-pant pockets.