𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡 : 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐

—————

A few days had passed. It'd been Thursday. Miles and I still hadn't hung out. After that dinner we didn't talk much in school at all, not more than the occasional small talk when forced.

~

"What's been up with you recently?"

"God this woman is so fucking annoying."
(Our English teacher)

"I've just learned to tune her out at this point."

~

"Hey."

"Kinda busy, see ya around."

~

"Do you know what she's talking about?"

"Nope."

~

"Hey, give me a pencil."

"So much for manners."

"Yeah whatever."

~

Him and Olive hadn't interacted much either. To describe Miles within the few day gap would've been him keeping to himself. His behavior hadn't changed all that much though besides being less social. He would still disappear at odd times. He hadn't really talked to Vinnie either, his best friend of all people. Things had been quiet, peaceful. Too back-to-before-I'd-actually-met-him routine. See the thing was, our project had been due that day and I still had zero idea if he was ready for the presentation that was the next day. I figured I had to talk to him at some point since he obviously hadn't been going to me with genuine purpose. So that's what I was to do.

-

I woke up early Thursday morning and I laid my uniform out the night before, and I showered before bed so that was one less thing to worry about in the morning. I tried getting myself together as quickly as I could've considering the time frame I'd been dealing with. Next thing was to carefully tip-toe my way out of the house, knowing Mom would've been up soon. She would usually get up an hour before we normally woke up, but I hadn't wanted anything to slow me down so I made sure to wake up extra early. Maybe a bit too early to tell the truth, but I hadn't figured out a way to talk to him with enough time before class started. That left me with a few unrealistic ideas. The one that I'd settled on was finding him at his house. Wherever the fuck that was, I could not remember for the life of me, but I'd damn well try.

-

I'd knocked a handful of times, not trying to be too loud but also wanting to draw his attention. After waiting a bit in between each set of knocks, I'd eventually reached set three. I waited out the length of time before starting the next one but before I could even count out the twenty-ish seconds, the door cracked open in front of me. Thankfully, it was Miles.

Miles, voice groggy and hair messy, but somehow alarmingly awake. He took his time adjusting to my figure in front of him before saying anything.
"What do you want?"

"We need to talk about the project."

"Seriously? You brought yourself all the way over here just to talk about school? Goodbye."
He tried closing the door but I extended both of my arms to keep it pushed open. He then grabbed the door and held it open and I repositioned my arms, crossing them in front of me.
"Margo, go home."