𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 : 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛?

——————

Miles' POV

It hadn't been my intentions to hurt her. As much as I had to hide it from Jayde, I thought I might have actually been feeling something. Those weren't my intentions going into it at all. I figured it would all be quick and simple. I helped Jayde out with her project and got my goods in return. That's how it was supposed to be, but I'd gotten myself deeper into it than planned. I never thought I could feel anything for Margo, but as time went on, it became more difficult for me to tell the difference between what was fake and what was real. I could feel myself slipping and I didn't want her to get hurt. Of course, that wasn't the deal. So, as a result I got hurt.. physically. I hadn't clued Jayde in on that what I was feeling for her sister might not have been fake. I didn't even know for myself if that was true or not. All I knew was that I didn't want Margo to worry about it, and I didn't want her to find out. Although, I knew that she was going to find out eventually, and that was bound to be a problem.

"Jay, can I just be through with this?"
I stood in Jayde's bedroom while she sat on her bed. She was focusing her attention on something other than me, which was annoying considering she was the one who asked me to meet and talk with her.

Apparently my question was attention grabbing enough though.
"Are you kidding me, Miles?"
She swung both her legs over the side of her bed and planted herself in front of me. "Hell no. We're way too far into it now to quit. Besides, don't you want your stuff?"

"I mean yeah, but-"

"But what? It'll be over in two weeks. Maybe even a little less if you hurry up."

That was another problem. I didn't know whether I wanted it all to be over, or if I needed more time to think about how I was going to make things right. No matter which one it was, the outcome was still in no way going to be 'right.'

"I know, but Jayde, she's kind of pissed at me right now."

"Why? What the fuck did you do this time?"

"She's getting- I just- I don't know why, okay? Quite frankly, she's exhausting. I didn't sign up to be her fucking babysitter."

Despite her nails being fake, she still gnawed at them when she would get anxious.
"Damn, okay. Just, fix it quickly. Got it?"

I scratched my brow.
"Yeah, I got it."

She'd put her hands behind her back, supporting her waist.
I turned to leave, but she asked me something else.
"What happened to your beauty marks, cutie?"

She'd been referring to my bruises. That bitch. I needed to lie, obviously.
"Oh, I had Olive cover them up. I didn't want your sister to see them and start asking a hundred and one questions."

"Got ya.. hey, one more thing. Come over for dinner tonight, will you?"

I really did not want to.
"Sure."

"Okay, cool. Get out."

-

Margo's POV

It took me some time to think about what to say but after I'd given it proper thought, I apologized to Millie for the things I'd said, and apologized to Sadie for putting her in an awkward position. I'd explained to them what had happened that day and why I hadn't apologized sooner. Along with that, I gave a brief, and very vague recap of all the things that'd been going on since we'd last spoke. Joey came to my room to grab me for dinner that night which was a nice change, but he'd also informed me that we were hosting Miles for dinner. Why was I always the last to know?