𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 : 𝚋𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢

—————

It was just a dream.

Did I faint? No I'm in my bed. Where did the rest of the day go? What time is it? Afternoon? Night? 9:32 AM? It's the next day?Damn it I'm late for school. Why did no one wake me up?

I'd gone halfway down the stairs and heard my mom on the phone.
"Alright, I'll see you there then. Bye, Caroline."

Caroline? Who the hell is Caroline?
As she hung up the phone, I continued down the stairs.
"Hey mom." I'd said, going to stand behind one of the barstools.

She turned around and a quick smirk spread across her face.
"Oh you're up."

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

"Well you came home yesterday and passed out immediately. I tried waking you up for dinner but you didn't budge. I figured you weren't feeling very well so I just let you sleep."

It didn't make any sense to me.
"So I've been sleeping since yesterday afternoon?"

"Mhm. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine.. sorry I slept so long."

"Don't be sorry. Did you wanna do something today? I've got a couple errands to run but after that I'll be free for just about anything."

I'd wanted to ask if her plans were with Caroline but I didn't want to rock the boat.
"Yeah, sure. Where ya headed?"

"The grocery store, the library, the gas station, so on and so forth. Why, did you wanna come?"

"No that's fine. I'll just stay here and get ready."

"Alright, I'll be back in a couple of hours. Call if you need anything."

She grabbed her phone and purse off of the counter and grabbed her keys off of a hook. She was gone in a few seconds. I went upstairs to look for my phone and found a couple texts from Miles sitting on the screen.

"u okay?"
"ur not here"

I replied with:
"i'm fine"

I wondered why neither Millie or Sadie bothered to text me when Miles did. I pressed on the group chat to find a handful of messages that I didn't have any recollection of.

-

Huey, Dewey, and Louie 💚❤️💙

iMessage
Yesterday  3:41 PM

sadie <3:
you sure ur feeling okay today?

marmar <3:
yea im just exhausted

mills <3:
im sorry if i stressed you out mar :(

marmar <3:
yea well it's whatever i guess

mills <3:
SO I DID??

sadie <3:
well you've been lacking at reading the room lately
so ig im not entirely surprised lmao