𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 : 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎

—————

Those words that'd been spoken from his mouth were pointed at me? Why would he have started with that all of a sudden? It hadn't made any sense. He skipped what'd been said and moved along with the conversation.
"I think about that dinner at your house a lot."

"I do too. I mean, it was like the first time we got along decently."

He paused for a moment then said, "It was nice."

I couldn't help but to stare. Had I hallucinated him saying that?
"I'm sorry but do you know what you just said to me?"

"Mhm. What about it?"

Okay so I hadn't been crazy after all. But 'what about it?' was he serious? You couldn't just drop a bomb like that and pretend it'd been nothing. Not in any situation with anyone. That couldn't just have been me who felt that way. Why not attempt to put that reasoning forward? "Well you-"

He stopped me.
"Did you want me to kiss you?"

If I'd said yes, he would've made fun of me or judged me and made me feel like another one of those desperate females who were always drooling over him. If I'd said no, he might've taken it the wrong way. However, either way he was going to make fun of me. He'd say I was lying to him if I responded with no, that I'd wanted him to kiss me.
"It wouldn't be right Miles. You have a girlfriend."

"So? You're acting like you're friends all of a sudden, like you'd even care."

"No, we're not friends, but I don't betray other women. Whenever those things happen I always think, 'what if that was me?' and it keeps me grounded. It makes me question how anyone could do that. Besides, since when have you had that type of interest in me anyway?"

"You don't have to feel something to kiss someone. People do it all the time."

Does he ever feel anything?
"I know you're probably only talking this way because you're upset with her. You haven't officially broken up y'know."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.
"Can we not do this? Can't we just have one full night where we don't hate each other?"

"I've told you this before Miles, I could never hate you. No matter how hard I'd try.. do you hate me?"

With that one question his lips slowly attached to mine, leaving a gentle kiss. I kissed him back but all I could do was panic, wondering if it'd been the most awful thing he'd ever experienced. I'd never been kissed. I had some basic idea but no actual, physical, hands-on knowledge. He separated, but I took a new control. I took one hand and wrapped it around the back of his neck, pulling him back in. I placed my free hand on the side of his face, closing the space between our lips once more. I made sure to make it count, it could easily have been the last time it'd happen. Not long after, his phone dinged, ruining the moment and making us repel from one another. Soon after his, mine buzzed too.

"Who texted you?"

He peeked down at his phone screen and responded.
"Vinnie. You?"

"Joey."

"Ugh. I guess we better get back then."