28 ➵ two weeks later

"Michael, you can't be serious right now," Amanda groaned in annoyance and slapped me on my arm. I was too tired to complain about it. "You can't fall asleep on the fucking counter when we have customers, are you crazy?"

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, "I'm so tired."

"Is this about Calum?"

"Yes Amanda, it is. What else? I don't say it's his fault but I stayed up until four in the morning with him. He had this really bad nightmare, worse than the ones he usually has and it took so long to calm him down. I'm so tired."

She sighed loudly, "You should go home. I'll call Porter, he can take over your shift. Don't worry about it."

I lazily threw my arms around her and whispered a small 'thank you'.

"Can you drive?" Amanda asked before I left the store and I nodded smiling. "Okay, have nice rest."

It was harder to drive than I thought it would be. My eyes were practically closing themselves automatically and it was hard to focus but I arrived save at my apartment. 

I didn't even change into more comfortable clothes, didn't undress myself. I just let myself fall on the bed and immediately fell asleep.

✧✧

After five hours of napping I was roughly woken up by my phone, seeing that Ashton was spamming me with random emojis. 

I groaned in annoyance and got up, walking into the kitchen to get myself something to eat but I realized that the fridge was empty and I also realized that it was time for grocery shopping. 

After drinking one or five cups of coffee and smoking a cigarette I drove to the small grocery store down the road. It wasn't far away and I could easily walk there but I really wasn't in the mood for that today. 

I haven't been that tired for a long time. Usually I got a decent amount hours of sleep but since Calum came back from the hospital it changed drastically. I couldn't bring myself to let him sleep alone, I always stayed for the night.

His nightmares eventually got worse and I told him that he should see some kind of therapist because of it. I also told him that we needed to call the police and report his rapist but Calum shook his head, saying he never wanted to talk about this or him again, so I dropped the subject but I would still go to the police.

That asshole wouldn't get away with what he did and Calum needed to talk to someone about it. He really needed some kind of help or the situation would totally wreck him, even more than it already did. 

When I arrived I quickly parked the car and went into the store, grabbing a few cans of Red Bull, orange juice and lots of frozen pizza. 

On my way back home I stopped at a flower shop and bought a big bouquet of white roses and pink tulips because those were Calum's favorites. I placed them on the passenger seat and started the engine. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but I ignored it since I wasn't the best at doing two things at once. If I would answer the phone I would most likely crash the car and it probably was just Ashton spamming me with emojis again.

I hummed along to some random song that was playing on the radio when my phone vibrated again but like before, I ignored it. 

But, I regretted this as soon as I came home and saw that the messages were from Calum and none of them made any sense.

[from: princess 🌸]

michaksk