10 ➵ two weeks later

"Dad, stop being annoying," I groaned and sat down on his couch, staring at the TV even though it wasn't turned on.

"I'm just saying. You're twenty and most people your age already found someone. I'm not saying that you have to find someone to be with but it would be nice to see you with a boyfriend. It's been a while."

"I know, dad."

"You want a cigarette?" he asked and I bit my lip.

"Uh, actually, I kind of stopped smoking?"

It was true, kind of. The last time I smoked was a week ago. I didn't really feel the urge to do it, so I guess that was a good sign. I actually wanted to stop two weeks ago but I got nervous and worried a lot about Calum, so I needed a distraction and relief. 

"You did? Why's that?" he asked, a little confused.

I wanted to tell him about Calum anyways, mostly because maybe then he would stop bothering me about getting a boyfriend. I knew that my dad was a good person and that I could be honest with him. I could tell him about Calum, about his job, he wouldn't judge.

"Well, there's this boy and he's not really into smoking and the smell of it and I don't want him to feel uncomfortable around me, so I wanted to try and stop. Also Ashton is annoying the shit out of me because he always says it's unhealthy for me," I explained and chuckled. 

My dad cocked an eyebrow. "Tell me more about this boy. If you consider to stop smoking for him, he has to be some kind of special."

"Yeah, he is. God, he's a great person. His name is Calum and he really likes to wear pink sweaters, which is adorable. He's kind of girly but that's okay because he looks cute with nail polish. He's sweet and friendly and overall amazing. But, he's a prostitute and I'm worrying about him all the time. Like, right now. I just want him to be okay," I told him and he smiled.

"You're so whipped."

I buried my face in my hands and groaned. "I know."

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, signaling me that I received a text message.

[from: dick]

come t your house i have a suprise

[to: dick]

to** surprise**

i'll be there in 15 minutes or something

I decided to start correcting all the spelling mistakes he made, knowing that it annoyed Ashton a lot and I hoped that maybe he would learn how to write proper English.

I was just a little confused on why I should come to my house. Ashton was weird.

"I'm leaving now, I'll drop by again sometime. It was great talking to you," I said and got up, so did my dad.

"I'm happy that you're visiting me so much. Next time bring this Calum guy, I want to get to know him."

I nodded and gave him a big hug, then left the house and got into my car, making my way home. I had no idea what Ashton could mean with 'surprise', I just hoped it wasn't something dumb but knowing him, it probably was.

When I arrived, a boy was standing in front of the door and I furrowed my eyebrows as I walked up to him. 

"Hey, uh, are you Michael?" he asked and he seemed really awkward but hey, awkward people are great people.