16 ➵ two days later

It's been two days since Calum told me that he loved me.

I was more than just surprised and also a little shocked. We haven't known each other for that long, maybe three months.

But, it was clear that we had feelings for each other. I didn't know why but when Calum said 'I love you', I couldn't say it back. I definitely returned those feelings but I couldn't say it. My mouth just couldn't do it. 

"What are you thinking about?" Calum suddenly asked, ripping me out of my thoughts. 

We were lying chest to chest in his bed and had stared at each other for forever. We didn't need to talk much when we were together, our looks and touches said enough.

I stroked his arm softly, letting my hand wander down to his and intertwine our fingers.

"About a lot of things," I just answered and pecked his lips.

"Things like?"

Calum held our intertwined fingers in the air and looked at them, then started playing with my fingers.

"Things like how beautiful you look with those little bows in your hair and how much I love this sweater on you."

"You really think that?" he asked, still playing with my fingers but now looking into my eyes as I nodded.

"Yeah, I really do."

There was a small silence before I spoke up again.

"Calum, I would love to introduce you to my dad. Like, right now. It's Friday and he isn't working and I'm sure he'd love you. What do you think?" I asked.

He thought about it for a few minutes and then bit his bottom lip.

"But, what if he thinks that I'm not good for you? What if he wants someone who's manlier for his son, someone who can protect you from bad things? I'm scared he will think that I'm weak or something," Calum said and I laughed.

"You don't know my dad, sweetheart. He's a great man, he's very humble and loving. My dad, Daryl, is kind of like me, just older."

"So that's where you got your great personality from."

"I guess. He taught me to be friendly to everyone and to help where I can and not to judge anyone. He always told me that every person I meet has a story and before I didn't knew the story, I had no reason to think bad about them. It's kind of something that I always have in mind when I meet new people," I explained and Calum smiled.

"Okay, then let's go. I just have to redo my mascara and then we can meet him."

I giggled at how cute he was and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before we both got up. While he walked to the bathroom, I made my way to the living room to put on my shoes.

[to: #1 dad]

i'm coming over in a bit and i'm bringing calum 😊

[from: #1 dad]

😄😄👍

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go," Calum said, suddenly standing in the room and we went outside.

"Are you nervous?" I asked as I started the car.

"A little but I'll be fine. If you're dad is like you then I think this'll be okay," he answered and I put my hand on his thigh.