04 ➵ two weeks later

(Calum's outfit on the side/top)

"I can't believe I have to do this for you," I groaned and picked up a tampon package, putting it in our trolley.

"Sorry, but it makes me really uncomfortable," Ashton said, standing five meters away from me and the tampon shelter.

"And you think I'm comfortable with buying tampons for your girlfriend? Why would you think that?"

"You're gay? I don't know man, it's just embarrassing for me."

I let out a small chuckle. "Okay, just because I'm gay doesn't mean that I'm happy and comfortable with buying tampons. Also, if you can't even handle tampons you should better get a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend. Boys don't need tampons."

"But boys also don't have boobs, so no. I'm never turning gay."

I just rolled my eyes annoyed as we walked together through the store.

"Hey, Michael," Ashton suddenly whispered.

"Mh?"

"Look at this weirdo in the make-up section. What is a boy even doing there?"

"Well, I guess he's a great boyfriend and doesn't think that buying stuff like tampons or make up for his girlfriend is embarrassing," I said and he punched me, quite hard may I add, on my arm.

"This dude is putting on the mascara, though and he's wearing a pink sweater."

My head immediately turned to the make up section and I knew exactly who it was.

"Can you go and grab some milk? I have to look for something," I said to Ashton and he just nodded and dissapeared.

"Hey there," I whispered after walking up behind Calum and he gasped, the black thing he was holding fell on the floor.

He turned around and looked me in the eyes with a horrified expression.

"Jesus, you scared me."

I chuckled, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

He picked up what fell down a few seconds before, I assumed it was mascara or some other make up stuff I had no clue about.

"I -- where were you the past two weeks?" he suddenly asked, very quiet and shy, almost as if he was embarrassed.

"Uh, I didn't know you were expecting me."

"I wasn't! I just, uh, since you've been there the two weeks before I thought you would drop by again. I'm sorry, I'm stupid for thinking this."

"You're not stupid. I really wanted to see you again, but I had a lot to do with work and friends, also my dad needed help since he's moving out of his old flat. I was very busy, but I didn't forget about you."

He smiled a little and looked down at his hands.

"You're not working today?" I asked and bit my lip, then Calum shook his head.

"No, I -- my last customer was a little, uh, rough and my back and uh, yeah, hurts," he explained while playing with the sleeves of his sweaters and I frowned.

"Can they do that? It's not okay that you're in pain, that can't be right."

"They can do whatever they want. Since he didn't hurt me verbally it's fine. I guess he was angry or something and needed release."

"You're not a punching bag, Calum," I said.

"Can we like, not talk about this in a store?"

"Yeah, sorry. Uh, Calum? Can we maybe meet up again later? Just give me your address and I will drop by. If you want, I mean."