23 ➵ two weeks later

[@TheAmazingWorldOfFic made those adorable edits, thank you so much!]

[from: dick]

we havnt hung out properly in weeks ill cum over in a few

I groaned at the fact that Ashton basically invited himself over and just ignored the grammar. Getting worked up about it didn't really help so I simply ignored it.

Anyways, it was kind of true what Ashton had texted. In the past few weeks I was so caught up with Calum that we barely got to see each other. The last time was on Calum's birthday because he and Peyton helped me to set up the Happy Birthday Princess.

Even though he invited himself over I was very happy about the fact that we could catch up and hang out like we always did.

I decided to clean the living room a little before he showed up since it looked like a mess. I always left plates and glasses on the table and it looked like ten people lived here when in fact it was only me and sometimes Calum.

Calum hated when it was messy and always cleaned up first when he came over before cuddling, it bothered him so much.

Twenty minutes later the doorbell rang and I opened it, Ashton immediately pulled me into a bone crashing hug.

"Bro," he said after pulling away and I looked at him confused, then we both broke out laughing for no reason. It was nice.

We then sat down on my couch with beer and started talking about new things that happened, even though he had not much to tell. 

"I know that you want to talk about Calum but you think it will annoy me, I can see it in your eyes. But go ahead, talk about him. I think it's actually really sweet when you talk about Calum," he suddenly said and it shocked me a little but I smiled.

"I've never been so happy in a relationship before. Not that my past ones were bad, they just weren't right, if you know what I mean? It feels like Calum really is the one I was looking for and I can imagine that we will be together for longer than just a few months. I love that feeling," I said and smiled even more, "I love being in love with him."

Ashton smiled.

"That's great, mate. He's a very good guy, I'm glad you're with him."

"I'm sorry but did you really just say that?" I asked, a little taken aback by the statement. "I actually thought you still hated Calum and that you still think he's a little weird."

"Michael, I know that I'm an asshole when it comes to meeting new people but I've been working with Calum for a few weeks now and can say that he is the friendliest and cutest person someone could meet. He's got a big heart and you take up ninety percent of it, I can tell."

"You don't know how happy I am about this. It was really important for me that my best friend and my boyfriend get along and I'm so glad that that's the case now. I can only agree when you say that he is the cutest person because it's true and I'm so in love with him. Our relationship is perfect at the moment, everything is going so great," I told him and smiled.

"Guess we both found our dream partners, huh?" Ashton said and took a sip from his bottle of beer.

"I guess we did. I'm glad everything is going so great between you and Peyton. You know, I kind of look up to you guys as a couple. Three years is a long time to be with someone and I'm really happy you're still with her."

"I can only agree, I'm really happy. I mean, we had ups and a lot of downs but that's how relationships work. In the end we always found a way to get our problems out of the way and be happy together and now we're barely fighting anymore. It's great," he explained with a big smile on his lips.