29 ➵ one day later

[AN: Someone (@whatthelou) made a trailer for this story which I think is super cool and amazing, I was really happy about it. I put it on the side/above! Thank you again.]

The next morning I was awake before Calum, which was practically a miracle since he was always the first one up. But, after talking for hours and making an appointment for the pregnancy test yesterday he was exhausted.

Exhausted from crying, from being in pain, exhausted from life.

It hurt me a lot when he said this but I could understand him. The past few weeks have been rough for Calum and it seemed like the horror would never end.

The thought of him being pregnant wouldn't leave my mind.

Calum said he didn't want to kill a baby, he said he didn't even want to think about abortion but he also didn't want a child that wasn't made from love.

I honestly didn't know what to think. I could just hope and pray that it would be my child but then again, I wasn't ready to become a father. Either way I would be there for Calum, I wouldn't leave him alone with the child.

With a loud sigh I got up slowly, so I wouldn't wake up Calum. He needed the rest.

I walked out of the room, trying not to step into the glass splinters. We both didn't really feel like cleaning up the mess yesterday.

The living room was also still a mess, bottles of alcohol still on the ground along with pieces of a smashed vase. Calum must have lost control over everything yesterday. I just really hoped that the baby he was carrying wasn't harmed by the amount of alcohol he drank.

I started to clean the room, throwing away the bottles and broken things. After half an hour of cleaning I started to prepare breakfast and decorating the table lovely.

I remembered that I still had the flowers I randomly bought for Calum yesterday in the car, so I got them and put them in water. They weren't looking too terrible despite them laying around a whole night without water.

I placed them in the middle of the table and then went back to the bedroom, crawling into bed and cuddling myself next to Calum. I softly placed kisses on his neck, hoping he would wake up.

"Wake up, princess," I whispered and placed another kiss next to his ear.

Calum moved a little and groaned.

"I made breakfast."

"You made breakfast?" he mumbled and turned around slowly so he was facing me, eyes still closed though.

"Yes, that means you have to get up and get your cute butt to the kitchen so we can eat together," I said and he slowly opened his eyes. Calum yawned and then rubbed his eyes before finally looking at me.

"I love you."

It was my turn to smile and I kissed his nose softly, "I love you too, now let's eat. You have to get ready, the appointment we made is at ten and it's a little after nine."

After we both changed into normal clothes and brushed our teeth we went to the kitchen and Calum smiled when he saw the flowers.

"You got me flowers? Why?"

"I don't know. I saw them yesterday and thought of you so I bought them", I explained with a shrug and we sat down. "I think they're beautiful, just like you."

"Thank you, they really are beautiful," he said, a small blush covering his cheeks while he took a bite from a stripe of bacon. It was quite for a while, we were both eating out eggs and bacon in silence.