21 ➵ one day later

I was tracing down my finger Calum's back, taking in the masterpiece that was sleeping next to me.

The smile never left my lips, it had no reason to. 

He was lying next to me on his stomach, his bare back was facing me and the sheets were only covering his bum and legs.

It was a beautiful sight and I wanted to stare at him forever. 

With every second I looked at him, my heart started beating a little faster until it was pounding so hard against my chest that it hurt but in a way, it was nice.

I groaned in annoyance as I heard my phone ring in the pockets of my pants which were still lying on the ground from last night. I slowly stretched myself and got it, seeing that Amanda was calling.

"What do you want?" I whisper shouted, not wanting to wake up Calum.

"I need you today. I know it's Saturday and I know that it's your free day but you need to come," she said in a pleading tone. "Please?"

I closed my eyes and sighed, then mumbled a small 'okay' and hung up quickly, turning around again to see Calum rubbing his eyes, then yawning.

"Good morning, princess," I said and leaned over, kissing his cheek.

Calum looked around the room a little confused but then smiled, turning his head in my direction again.

"Good morning," he whispered and was just looking into my eyes.

"How did you sleep?" I asked and placed my hand on his hip, rubbing small circles with my thumb.

"Wonderful," he mumbled out, scooting closer to me and wrapping his arms around my body, cuddling his head on my chest. 

"Was last night, like, okay? Was I alright? I'm scared that I've hurt you or that you regret it now."

Calum chuckled and placed his hand above my mouth, telling me to shut up.

"Last night was amazing. No, amazing is an understatement, really. It was breathtaking and wonderful and perfect and more. Sex never meant something to me, I hated it. But, I didn't hate last night. Because it meant something, to me and you, right?" he asked and I slowly nodded. 

I grabbed his face and placed kisses all over it, making him giggle and squeeze his eyes together. He never looked more beautiful than in this moment. 

Hair messed up, no clothes on, eyes tired but still happy and he looked like art.

My heart was practically exploding in my chest.

"I have to leave soon," I finally said, "Amanda needs me in the store today. I don't know why but she was practically begging me to show up."

Calum looked up at me and pouted, "But I wanted to spend the day with you."

My lungs almost collapsed at the sight. Calum's pout and his sad, brown puppy eyes and tousled hair. I couldn't say no and almost picked up the phone to tell Amanda I was sick and couldn't come.

Almost.

"I'm sorry, princess, I really wish I could stay with you. Believe me, there's nothing else in this world that I would rather do than to be with you."

There was a small silence and then Calum chuckled.

"That rhymed."

And I wanted to kiss him so bad but we just woke up, the morning breath wouldn't be great to taste.