18 ➵ two days later

C A L U M ' S   P O V

It was a great feeling to wake up early to get to work.

Some people, Michael, would call me crazy. He hated it to wake up early and having to work but it was so special to me, to be able to work in a photo studio instead of a trashy hotel room.

I woke up alone, since Michael didn't stay over yesterday. He did the past few days and sometimes I stayed over at his. But, we decided that we needed some alone time, even if it was only for a night, after being together for such a long time

After getting ready and eating a little, I texted Ashton. We talked yesterday and he said he would come and pick me up today, I should text him when I was done with everything.

I didn't really know how to dress so I kept it casual. Black skinny jeans, a baby blue sweater and black converse. I wanted to make a good first impression.

[from: ashton]

im outside ur house

I grabbed my keys and put on a jacket, then went outside and saw Ashton sitting in his black car. I didn't knew what car it was, since I've never been much into that kind of stuff like the other boys.

"Morning Ashton, thanks for picking me up," I said shyly and sat down in the passenger seat, fastening my seat belt.

"No problem."

The first few minutes of the car ride were silent, nobody said a word and I was nervously playing with my fingers. I still thought Ashton didn't like me that much, even though he got the job for me and stopped being rude.

"Today won't be that exciting for you. You'll probably just stand around and watch me or Luke work. Just try to not cause any problems and we'll have a good time," he explained and I just nodded. "You'll be there the same hours as I am and you'll get an one hour break whenever you want."

"And how long do you work today?" I asked.

"Until five, that's how I always work. Any other questions?"

I shook my head, then realized he probably didn't see since he was concentrating on the road and mumbled a small 'no'.

I had to admit, I was kind of scared for the first day of work. What if I did something wrong and Ashton would hate me even more and kick me out? Then I would have to go back to my old job and I didn't want that.

But, then again, what could I possibly do wrong by just standing around? 

✧✧

It was weird to work with the guy that almost slept with your somewhat boyfriend.

Luke, who worked with Ashton, was the blond guy that rushed out of Michael's apartment a few weeks ago. It was the day we had our first kiss. 

I usually wouldn't have kissed Michael. We hadn't known each other for long at that time and I wanted to wait. I knew that I had feelings for him back then but I was scared to tell him. I didn't want to loose my only friend.

But, I kissed him.

That he almost slept with Luke scared me. I was scared that he would fall in love with him and I didn't want that, I wanted him to fall in love with me, so I kissed Michael to make him see that I had some kind of feelings for him.

"Hey Calum, can you bring me the big lens out of the shelf?" Ashton shouted from across the room and with a big smile I did what he told me, holding the lens for his camera in my hands very carefully. I was so scared that I would drop it.