13 ➵ one week later

"Ashton, I need your help."

He paused the movie we were watching and turned to me, cocking an eyebrow.

"You need my help?"

I bit my lip nervously. I never asked Ashton for help or a favor, so I wasn't too surprised about his reaction.

"Yeah, I really do," I said. "And it kind of has to do with Calum."

He sighed and rolled his eyes but then nodded, telling me to continue talking.

"Remember how I told you that I wanted to help him get out of this business he is in, right? And he really wants to get away from it, too but it's so hard for him to find a job. I wanted Calum to work with me, in the game store, but we don't need more people. Could you maybe -"

"No, Michael. I can't do that for you, I'm sorry," Ashton cut me off.

"But why? I never ask you for anything and it would mean a lot to me and him and we'd be so thankful if you'd just ask," I practically begged him. "I will do anything."

"I'm sorry but I can't just ask my boss if we can let Calum work at the Photo shop."

Ashton was a photographer, he has been for a few years now and he was pretty amazing at it, too. His boss loved him. I couldn't see the problem. I'm pretty sure his boss wouldn't flick him off if he asked.

"But a few weeks ago you told me that he looked for new people and Calum needs a job really bad, so why not? Can't you just ask? If he says no, then I won't bother you again about it, just please."

"Michael, I'm afraid that I can't help you. Yeah, we needed new people but that was, like you said, a few weeks ago. Now we have Luke, he started working there and we don't need more. And also, does Calum even know how to use a camera properly? Or photoshop? Are his grades even good enough? You know my boss has high expectations."

I sighed. "He left school with fourteen and his last report card wasn't that great. I don't know if he can use a camera or all that shit but he can learn, right? Please give him a chance," I said.

Ashton looked at me and bit his lip and I knew what he would say next.

"Michael -"

"No, please Ashton. Just ask, it's not that hard. Please, can you do it? For me? I swear to god if Calum needs to continue what he's doing I'll go insane. Do you know how hard it is to know that the person you love is having sex with multiple people a day? Do you know how fucking heartbreaking it is? I'm just begging you to ask your boss," I explained and my voice was a little shaky because the thought that Calum was doing it right now, it was tearing my heart into two pieces and I wanted to cry.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that it affected you so bad. Hell, I didn't even know that you were so in love with that kid. Listen, I will ask my boss, okay?"

I immediately pulled him into a bone crushing hug, thanking him a thousand times.

"But, if he says no, then I can't do anything about it. Got it?"

I nodded and thanked him again, then we continued to watch our movie until he needed to leave for work, while I made my way to the store.

I still needed to do something before picking up Calum from work in a few hours. 

✧✧

"Oh my god," Calum said and then smiled really big, walking up to me.

"You like it?" I asked.

"Of course I do, pink is my favorite color. Your hair looks like cotton candy."

I smiled at how excited and happy he was about my new hair color. I dyed it a pastel pink, just like he told me to and I had to admit, it looked pretty awesome. 

We got into the car and I started driving while Calum was humming quietly to the music playing in the background when he suddenly spoke up.

"Can we go and get smoothies?"

"Smoothies? Well, if you want. Where do I need to drive?" I asked.

"Just park the car near town. We can walk to this cute little smoothie place that opened a few days ago. I saw it the other day and thought it'd be nice to go there with you," he admitted, looking down at his hands with a small smile. 

"Whatever my princess wants."

Since we weren't too far away from town, it didn't took us long to get there. I parked my car and we got out, walking a few minutes in silence.

"Can you like, I mean, would you hold my hand in public?" Calum asked and I chuckled.

"Is that even a question? Of course I would," I said and intertwined our fingers. "Next time don't ask, just hold my hand."

"I was scared that you'd be embarrassed to be seen with me. I mean, it's already bad enough that you have to walk around with a boy who's wearing a sweater with pink hearts on it," he chuckled sadly. 

"Calum, please don't say this. I'm not embarrassed. I would never be embarrassed to be seen with you, princess. I would kiss you right here if you wanted me too, I would do it," I told him.

"You would?"

I stopped walking and turned so that I was facing him, then cupped his cheeks with both of my hands and leaned down, capturing his lips with mine.

I thought it was cute how he was unsure of kissing back and he didn't know where to put his hands. Calum seemed to be nervous because there were a lot of people around us. It took some time until he finally loosened up a little and kissed back.

It was nice, really.

I haven't had something like this for such a long time. No, when I thought about it, I never had it.

I never had someone to kiss in the middle of the street or someone to hold hands with while walking around town. 

And I was happy that Calum was the person who did all this with me.

He was honestly the best thing that had happened to me so far and I was so happy about it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kinda shitty filler, I'm sorry but it's also kind of important :D 

Tomorrow I'll upload a way longer chapter and better chapter, I promise. I think you're going to like it (◕◡◠)

୨୧ See you next chapter! ୨୧