30 ➵ four days later

"Michael, what is wrong with you? You've been so off the past few days and it's getting kind of annoying. You don't even do your work properly anymore. I know things were rough with Calum because of what happened but you can't keep going on like this," Amanda said, a worried tone in her voice.

I bit my lip and placed the pen I was writing with down, looking up at her.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I just have a lot on my mind right now and I don't know what to do with myself. Calum worries me so much, all he does is being sad and crying, he doesn't go out anymore and he hates when I get near him. I've read that people who are victims of rape will have a lot of problems with being intimate and touching but I can't even sit down next to him anymore because he will flinch like I would do something," I explained.

"Michael --"

"And I don't even know why," I interrupted her, "After he came home from the hospital, everything was fine. He cuddled with me and kissed me, it was okay. But for like two days now he's being very distant."

Amanda sighed, "He's having a hard time right now, Michael. Calum needs a lot of time and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. You can't imagine what he's going through."

I looked around the store and saw that no one was here before I spoke up again, "C-Can I tell you something? But please don't judge me or us."

"You're worrying me."

"Calum, well, he has like -- I mean, he is, uh, I guess he's kind of pregnant? Well, at least we think he is. He made some tests at home but since we wanted to be 100% sure we went to the doctors and made another one. We're waiting for the results and that's why I've been a little off lately."

She looked at me with wide eyes, "Pregnant? Are you serious? Have you never heard of protection before? Condoms, Michael, condoms! You're literally a child yourself, how could you be so irresponsible?"

"You're not being serious right now. Amanda, I don't need your bullshit right now, I need help because I honestly don't even know what to do anymore. You're being a shitty friend right now, really. I'm not stupid, we used a condom. I don't even know if this is my child," I shouted angrily. "I don't know if you remember but my boyfriend was raped, this baby is probably not even mine."

"I -- I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking before talking. I really am."

"It's whatever, thank you for your support. I'm going home."

"Your shift isn't over."

I ignored her and just walked out of the store towards my car.

"Unbelievable," I whispered to myself as I buckled my seat belt. Before starting the engine I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

The past few days have been unbelievably hard for Calum and I. It hurt me that Calum was practically scared of me and I also haven't been sleeping for two nights. The thought that I would probably become a father in the near future made me nervous and scared and I felt like passing out.

Calum's nightmares didn't stop and he was mostly crying the whole night. He never left the bed anymore, he was too scared to go outside and if that wasn't enough, he was throwing up a lot which just made us more sure that he was pregnant.

I really tried to not let all this get to me, I wanted to stay strong for Calum but I was so exhausted from everything that happened. I just needed someone to talk to, someone who would listen and I knew exactly where I would find that someone. 

✧✧

"I didn't expect you today," dad said with a smile on his face after opening the door for me.