07 ➵ take a break

"You are not going to work today. And also not the next week. You're in pain and it won't get better if you keep working. Take a week off," I said. 

Calum's back was facing me as he made breakfast. I sat on the small table that was standing in the kitchen, watching him. He was still in his pajamas which were adorable and looked very cute on him.

"Since when do you have the right to tell me what to do and what not to do?" he asked, still not looking at me.

"I just want the best for you."

He finally turned around and smiled a little.

"Believe me, I really want to take a week off. I actually want to stop this entirely but I can't. I've told you before, it's pretty hard for me to find a job and I really need the money," Calum explained.

He was looking at me with sleepy eyes and bed hair, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"I have a question. You earn so much money with what you're doing, right? And you work almost every day, having multiple customers. Why are you so afraid of taking a week off? It's not like you're broke. You probably have more money than I do."

"Well, this small house isn't exactly cheap. Also I need to buy lots of stuff that I need, like food and clothes. Uh, my make up stuff is kind of expensive. When my dad left, he also left me lots of bills to pay. And I don't earn that much money. Three out of five customers only come for blow-"

"Okay, I don't want to hear about this," I cut him off.

He just nodded and went back to making breakfast. We then ate together in silence.

After that we went back to the living room and I put away the bed sheets from the couch.

Calum always made me sleep on the couch when I stayed at his place. I didn't really mind. Sure, it sucked because my back always hurt the next day but the fact that I could stay with Calum made it better.

"You're right, maybe I should take a break," he finally said.

"Thank god."

He smiled and looked down at his nails.

"Let's go for a walk," I said. "It's still early and I love when it's cold in the mornings."

"Uh, okay. But, I have to shower first. Can you wait here for ten minutes?" Calum asked and I nodded, then he left the living room. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, got it out and saw that I received a message from Ashton.

[from: dick]

where u at

[to: dick]

friends house, why?

[from: dick]

im bored af wanna meet up l8er?

I groaned in annoyance at Ashton's texting style. Usually I should be used to it by now but it still bugs me so much. 

[to: dick] 

i'm going out now with my friend, if you don't mind that he's with us we can meet at the park and then go and drink coffee or something

[from: dick]

's fine by me, see ya in like 20 mins

I put my phone away again and watched some TV until Calum entered the living room, fully clothed and hair styled and I couldn't hide my adoration for him.