007 | homecoming

vii

vii. and it was like slow motion,
standing there in my party dress

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK OR TWO AND now it was time for homecoming, something Andy wasn't the biggest fan of. Not only did she feel that it was the most cliche thing but also she didn't have a date. And that was kind of embarrassing.

"Come on. I'm just saying, this is your chance," Big Red explained as they walked through the halls.

He was trying to convince the two of them to shoot their shot. It was easy for him to say with absolutely nothing to lose.

"The last thing I'm gonna do is ask Nini to homecoming on the day of the dance," Ricky said.

"But she's single and ready to mingle, and you should try it out with EJ now that's hes all lonely " Big Red exclaimed.

"Never say that again," she scrunched her nose up, "-and no, just because me and EJ are on better terms now doesn't mean I'm going to ask him out,"

"Yeah, and anyway, Nini hard-core friend zoned me," Ricky said, walking away and leaving Big Red behind.

☆☆☆

LATER THAT NIGHT, SHE GOT TO school, she told Mr Mazzara her name and he gave her the tickets to table ten with the theatre kids.

Andy was wearing a long red dress, one that her sister had leant her from her homecoming, and her hair in a nice casual updo.

She was nervous. She had never really gone to many school dancing before and even though Big Red and Ricky were here with her, she was still feeling anxious.

The three of them walked in and Ashlyn got up, waving the three of them over. They sat down at the table, Andy starting to chat away with Ashlyn before seeing EJ walk in, Gina on his arm.

He looked over at her, staring at the  red dress she had on and for a second, his heart skipped a beat before he turned away.

Andy froze. She hated the way that EJ made her feel. She was so conflicted over the situation, over her feelings for him.

He groaned, placing her head on the table, "I'm gonna throw up in my mouth," she said, Ashlyn chuckling

"Excuse us, are these seats taken?" Gina asked, walking over and still holding onto EJ.

Everyone looked awkward, "Sure," Andy said, putting on a fake smile.

She didn't know why it was so difficult for her to see EJ and Gina together, it was probably just jealousy but she hated the feeling.

Everyone talked for a while, EJ looking over at Andy as he thought about everything. He couldn't help thinking about how maybe he should have come with her instead.

But he was cut out of his thoughts by Gina holding his hand, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"He'll show up okay? Maybe he just hit traffic," Andy said to Carlos as he explained that Seb wasn't here yet and they were dates.