016 | valentines day

xvi

xvi. uh oh, I'm falling in love,
oh no, I'm falling in love again

AS SOON AS HE ENTERED THE theatre room, Andy rushed over, trying to hold in her laugh.

"What are you wearing?" She asked.

He looked down at himself before looking at her, brows furrowed in confusion, "Clothes," he stated.

She chuckled, "No. I've never seen you wear black before," she said.

EJ shrugged, "It's my first valentines day girlfriend less," he explained, "I guess it just happened,"

She chuckled at him. Hr needed to understand that he didn't always need a girlfriend to support him, sometimes friends are enough.

"You've got to stop moping before tonight," she said.

EJ had arranged a night in for the two of them. They were going to have a friends valentines day where they could just relax.

It was really a glorified hang out but it still made butterflies appear in her stomach at the thought of him putting in that much effort for her.

"I won't. I will make this night great," he said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

From where she stood at the front, Ashlyn watched their conversation. She had helped EJ with ideas but it was mostly him.

Ricky rushed into the room after having been MIA and everyone watched as he stood next to Ashlyn.

"Okay people. The title song is the centerpiece of our show, and, it's their most romantic ballad since Suddenly Seymour," Carlos explained.

He explained everything and Andy watched as Ricky and Ashlyn prepared for the waltz whilst Kourtney tried to sing along with the slowed tempo.

Ashlyn suddenly left, Miss Jenn cancelling the rehearsals

☆☆☆

ANDY HEARD A KNOCK ON THE DOOR later that night, her mum reaching over to open it, revealing EJ Caswell.

He was dressed in a simple outfit, holding a bouquet of Black Dahlia flowers.

"Hey there Caswell," Andy said as she stood next to her mum, smiling at EJ.

Despite this being an 'anti-valentines day not-date' EJs heart was pounding in his chest, he thought she was stunning, wearing a little floral top and jeans but still taking his breath away.

"Uh, hi Andy, you look great," EJ said - fumbling over his words slightly - as he handed her the bouquet.

"Black Dahlias," She said, the two smiling at each other.

James and Tommy stood at the stairs, looking at the couple as Sophie - her mum - took the flowers and put them in a vase.

They all knew that EJ and Andy were completely head over heels for each other, but both of the teenagers were too stubborn to admit it.