019 | quinceañero

xvix

xvix. oh you kissed me, just
to kiss me, not to make my cry

NINI HAD DECIDED TO STAY IN SALT
Lake, and now, the whole drama department but Carlos were standing in Sebs barn.

"Why do I hear sheep but not see sheep?" Ashlyn asked in a panic and a sheep started bleating.

EJ jumped back with a girly scream and Andy laughed, like full belly laugh, "You sounded like a girl!" She said between laughs.

"Okay, okay, its not that funny, " EJ said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as he pulled her back up, trying to stop her laughing.

"I'm sure Seb and Gina have a good reason for bringing us to his barn so late on a school night," Ricky stated.

"We gathered you guys here because I've had an idea," Gina explained, "And because we only have 48 hours,"

They all listened as they explained that they wanted to throw Carlos a quinceñearo. Andy thought it was a great idea and so did everyone else.

"For Carlos!" Ricky yelled out, placing his hand in the middle as everyone else put their hands on top, cheering.

☆☆☆

TWO DAYS LATER, ANDY AND EJ
turned up at the party in Sebs barn, helping to set everything up.

"Have I mentioned that you look good," EJ whispered in her ear as they walked up to help.

He was wearing a crimson coloured suit and she accidentally matched, wearing a dark red dress.

"Yeah, when I left my house and in the car ride over here," she replied as she helped set up his camera.

EJ just blushed, "Uh...Well, you do, uh," he stumbled over his words and she just laughed.

"Its fine, you look good as well," she said, winking at him before bending over to grab some boxes.

He watched her in awe for a second, his cheeks flushed red at her winking at him.

She finished unpacking the boxes and came back to where he was setting up the camera for the video that they were making for Carlos.

Andy was standing with EJ because they were both in the AV club, rolling the tape on Mr Mazzara when Miss Jenn ran over announcing Carlos will be here soon.

"Look at this fancy interview set up, don't forget to get my good side later," She said jokingly.

"Which side is that?" Mr Mazzara asked as she walked away.

EJ and Andy looked at each other, laughing slightly, "Smooth," EJ said.

"Cut, that is not going on the birthday tribute. And don't get me started on your flirting techniques Mr Caswell," Mazzara said.