045 | admissions

xlv

xlv. but when he walks

in, I am loved, I am loved

TWO DAYS AFTER THE HALLOWEEN party, it was time for them to start looking at campus tours.

Andy had planned a campus tour of Salt Lake College where EJ was and she was very happy to look around; her plan being to study History.

The same day, Ricky was also at Salt Lake College. After his moment at the party, he needed some help and was visiting EJ.

Now EJ was greeting him at the bottom of the staircase, ready to help him with his problems.

"Hey Ricky," EJ said, standing with the boy, "I'm glad you called, did you drive up with Andy?"

Ricky shook his head, "She doesn't know I'm here,"

He was silent for a second. EJ didn't know that she didn't know he was here, "But you do realise she's on campus right now? She's visiting me tonight,"

"Yeah, I'll let her know I'm considering coming here," Ricky explained, "Is it weird that I just wanted it to be my day?"

EJ understood the feeling of wanting something just for himself, "Not at all, come on in,"

He lead him up the stairs and showed him around until he reached the room, opening the door.

"Welcome to my humble abode," EJ said, holding his arms out wide as he showed him the different areas, "My bookshelf, thats my bed, my desk chair and that's about it,"

It was very EJ. There was a guitar propped up next to the bed, books stacked up on his desk, a few clothes strewn about.

What Ricky noticed first though wa the picture of the friends on the bookshelf, then one of jut Andy on his studying desk, then one of the couple on his bedside table.

He picked it up, looking at the couple at EJs prom - all Ricky wanted was a relationship like the one that they had.

He put it back down, turning on his heel and putting his hands in his pockets, "No roomates?" He stated, "She come up here often?"

"Yeah, yeah," he said, a smile appearing on his face at the mention of Andy, "She tidies up, I've realised I'm a mess," he laughed to himself at the end.

There was a beat of silence as they realised how much had changed since last year. He sighed, looking at Ricky.

"Between my four jobs, a full class schedule, weekly practice with the ping pong team and sectionals with my acapella group, I'm busy," he explained.

"I'm sure you're still the stud of the school," Ricky joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"No, I'm like the dork of my friend group. They adore Andy though, think she's way too cool for me," he said, a smile on his face as he remembered them meeting her.