035 | the real campers of shallow lake

xxxv

xxxv. and i don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think they'd understand

A FRUSTRATED ANDY WALKED INTO the barn with the others to see EJ, Carlos and Val standing at the front.

EJ smiled at her and she gave a half hearted smile back. She hadn't been able to talk to him about the letter yet but would do it after the rehearsal b

She had tossed and turned all night about it. She couldn't understand why he would tell Val about it instead of her, they used to tell each other everything.

"Thanks for coming in early guys. We've We've working on a way to save the show and give Corbin and that Channing guy the reality style juice they want," Carlos explained as he gestured to a board.

"I'm sorry, save the show?" Gina questioned, looking up at the three confused.

"He just wants a little more excitement from us, a little mo-" EJ started but Carlos cut him off.

He cut him off, "He thinks we're boring!" everyone gasped, shocked as to how he could think that, "He's actually missing our rehearsal to scout out the kids at deep lake camp in Temecula,"

Carlos looked at the board, pulling off a slide, "But not to worry, we have a plan and it starts with 5 letters," he explained, "The real campers of shallow lake, RCOSL,"

"You know how normally we act like regular people, we pick up on social cues and care about feelings?" EJ explained. He knew this was his last chance to prove to his father that he could take a gap year and he wasn't going to blow it.

"The key to any great reality show is the three Bs. Bombshells, betrayals and Bitch slaps," he explained.

Everyone gasped at the language they used, like it was a Disney channel show and squaring was prohibited, "Can he say that?" Gina questioned.

"Look, I love the housewives more than anyone but how are we gonna pull this off when we're real students who don't have millions to burn?" Kourtney asked, not understanding the logistics of the show.

Val turned over the board to show a bunch of squares with question marks drawn in them and labels underneath. Carlos read out all the names, explaining that was what made the perfect show.

"You Kourt, will be the Judgey one," Carlos said as Val placed a picture of Kourtney on the label.

Ricky signed, "But do we want to look like villains on TV?" He questioned and Andy agreed with him, voicing her concern.

Ricky was labelled the jilted ex, Ashlyn was the one with the dark past, Maddox was the cryer, Gina was the one with the catchphrase, EJ was here for the wrong reasons, Andy is his high school romance, Vals the shrink, Jets the bad boy and Carlos is the instigator.