027 | the transformation

xvii

xvii. there's nothing I can do to say I can't escape the way I love you

THEY ALL STOOD IN REHEARSALS, Andy talking to EJ and Gina before Miss Jenn called everyone's attention to her.

"Lets try the Beast transformation one last time," she suggested, "And remember, this is the triumph of the show, this has to work,"

"Ricky, try not to rush this time," she said and Ricky nodded, "Lets take it from 'you came back'"

They all set up the scene, everyone scuttling backstage as they watched the emotional scene.

As 'the beast' died, Ricky ripped off the mask with a struggle, throwing it at Natalie Bagley and knocking her over.

The issue wasn't just his inability to throw but it was also his issues with the emotions of it.

"Cut!" Miss Jenn yelled out and she started to freak out, "I will be in my office,"

Carlos walked up, "We're on a long five until Miss Jenn returns," he said before rushing off after her.

"That didn't go well," Andy said, EJ nodding his head as they watched the scene.

☆☆☆

AFTER SCHOOL, THE ENTIRE THEATRE group stood in Slices after being called in by Carlos.

They all knew something was wrong and this was their way to fix it and save their play.

"Mother is freaking out, its about the Menkies," Carlos said, "We can't win,"

Everyone exclaimed in confusion, not understanding how they couldn't wind the Menkies.

"Theres math involved, if we don't win the technical achievement award we don't have a chance," he said, "We need to rally behind Miss Jenn,"

Kourtney walked over, knowing what was going on as she casually poured them drinks.

"I'm a designer, Big Red a tool guy, between the two of us we have the answer," Korutney explained.

"Quit school, get a job at the pizza shop?" Seb asked, a glum expression on his face.

"No, we should invent something amazing that we can run at tech rehearsal tomorrow," Kourtney said and everyone raued behind the idea.

"Ash, you have the biggest house, what if I invite myself and some of the girls after school to continue the collab?" Nini suggested.

"I mean square footage wise, my house is slightly larger-" EJ started but Andy elbowed him, making him retract his statement.

They made the decision of the guys going to Big Reds basement and the girls going down to Ashlyns house.

Afterwards, all the girls - plus Seb - met at Ashlyns house as they discussed ideas.

"Ooh, you know those sequined tops where if you rub them one way they're purple, the other way they're red, we could do that with the Beast cape," Kourtney suggested.