023 | north high kisses

xxiii

xxiii. she wears a ring but they tell people that they're not engaged

ANDY AND GINA STOOD IN THE
hallways of North High, the two chatting to each other.

"I'm gonna go to go powder my nose, you okay alone?" Gina asked - with quotation marks around 'powder her nose - and Andy nodded her head.

"Its fine, I'm a big girl. I think the toilets are like halfway across the school though," she said, pointing at a map on the wall.

"Well then I'll have to run fast, be back soon," she said as she walked off, trying to stay casual.

Andy laughed to herself, pulling her phone out of her pocket before she heard footsteps.

She stood there awkwardly in the middle of the hallway, looking around the place as she thought for a second.

For the first time in a while, the whole world was just silent and she didn't have to think about anything.

Interrupting her thoughts of nothingness was the loud sound of footsteps and Andy looked up to see someone from North High walking towards her. Now really wasn't a good time for Gina to dissappear.

The boy stopped, a smile on his face, "Haven't seen you before," he said, his face contorting into a smirk

She couldn't believe that she was going to get hit on by some random boy. She looked around, trying to see if anyone else was around but she was alone.

Andy nodded her head awkwardly, "I am super new here," she explained, trying to keep cook.

"Whats your name?" The boy asked, clearly wanting more than to know why she was standing in the hallway.

"Diane," she said, remembering Ashlyns story from earlier.

"Wow, thats actually my great aunts name," he said, trying to be cool in front of her.

"Amazing story, it's like everyone called Diane knows each other," Andy said and the boy looked a bit shocked at the sarcasm.

"Can I get your snap, or-" he started, walking closer to Andy.

But he was cut off by EJ as he walked up to Andy, his jaw was clenched and he looked annoyed, "Hey babe,"

He wrapped an arm around Andys shoulders, pulling her in and she leaned into his touch, glad he was here.

"Babe," she said and he placed two fingers under her chin, pulling her in for a passionate kiss.

The boy in front of them looked confused, watching as EJ looked at him with a smug smile, wiping the lipstick from his lips.

Andy just melted into EJ, her heart still pounding from that kiss as she put on a fake smile, "It's so good you're here babe," she said.

"And that's my cue," the other boy said with disappointment, walking away from the couple.