047 | dont touch her

[TW, BULLYING AND PHYSICAL ATTACKS]

[TW, BULLYING AND
PHYSICAL ATTACKS]

xlvii. if some night you're free, will you fight for me, I would fight for you

THE DAY STARTED PERFECTLY AND the evening was even better. EJ's school had a problem with an insect d
infestation in his classroom so class was cancelled for the next three days.

He was staying at the house and James had reluctantly let him share a room with Andy.

It was only because Tommy, his girlfriend Willow, and Vivian were all coming back to celebrate their mums birthday and they didn't have a spare room for him to stay in.

She sat around the table. It was the first time her family had all been together since thanksgiving and she was glad that she was able to spend this time with them.

Her mum sat at the head of the table. Yesterday, she had been cleared of her lung infection and although they knew it could come back - it was something to celebrate for now.

It was her 55th birthday and they all sang to her as her uncle James brought out the cake, placing it in front of her.

Sophie looked at them all for a second, a smile on her face - she was glad that she was able to have this family in her life.

She blew out the candles and they all cheered, "And to many more years mum," Tommy called out, his arm wrapped around his girlfriends shoulders.

"Don't get all sappy on me," she said.

It had been a few years since Andy had lost her dad and it was strange every year to celebrate birthdays without him. But for the first time, she didn't feel guilty.

She just felt glad that her mum still got to be here, "We'll try," she said.

"Okay," Sophie said, pulling herself up, hand flying to her chest. When she noticed everyone's eyes go wide in panic, she laughed, "I'm fine, fetch me my stick,"

James grabbed it, passing it to her. She made her way anti-clockwise around the table, pressing a kiss to all of her children's heads.

She made it to Andy and EJ at the end of the table, pressing a kiss to her daughters head.

She looked at EJ, "We're your family now kid," she said, leaning down and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

When she sat back down, EJ squeezed his girlfriends hand tight. He had never had a family like this and it was nice to be a part of it.

She looked at him, leaning over and kissing his cheek, "Ew! You're disgusting!" Tommy called out from across the table.

She stuck her middle finger up at him, "Says you! At least I don't make out with my boyfriend in the kitchen,"