040 | high school musical 4

xl

xl. you kiss me, in the car and it feels like the start of a movie I've seen before

"BABE?" EJ CALLED OUT FROM THE bottom of the stairs. Andy ran round the corner, looking down at him as he stood there, pulling a shirt over his head.

"Yeah?" She replied, looking at him confused.

"I'm going out to fetch some snacks for movie night and your mums meds, you want anything?" He asked, reaching blindly for his jacket, knowing exactly where it was.

Andy stood there for a second, relishing in the domesticity of his words. Since the documentary came out, he had been living with her.

He had parted ways with his dad - amicably - and they had decided to not talk for a while. His dad hadn't called in the three weeks since.

She hummed in response, "Popcorn?" She suggested.

He nodded, "Sweet and Salty?" She smiled at his words, he knew her so well.

"Thanks Eej," she called out as he walked through the door, closing it behind him.

Andy had a big goofy grin on her face. She loved having him around and having him near whenever she wanted to see him.

Tommy had moved out now. He was living with his girlfriend Willow in a nice apartment on the other side of town.

And her oldest sister Charlie was starting her masters degree and was going to be moving into the local university - close enough to look after her mum still.

She was lost in her thoughts, thinking about her mum's deteriorating health and EJ leaving soon.

"Andy," someone called out and she turned to see her uncle standing there, "Can we talk?"

She nodded, following him along the hallway to her bedroom. She sat down and watched as he stood there, thinking about what to say.

He looked at her room, eyes scanning over pictures. He stopped when he saw the one of her dad, his brother in law. He reached down, picking up the picture of her and EJ laughing.

"Is he all packed for school?" James asked, trying to start a conversation.

She hummed in response, "As ready as he can be,"

There was a beat of silence and James put the picture down, "I know it's been hard with the documentary, and your mums health getting worse, and Charlie and Tommy leaving,"

He sighed. He looked at the little girl in the photo again and wondered how she was managing to go through all of this and still stay strong.

"And now EJ is going to go," he shook his head, looking back at Andy, "I just want to make sure you're okay,"

She nodded. Andy was struggling with all these people leaving but they were all still alive and here and that's all she could ask for.

"And I know EJ will have his own dorm. And I'll be out on business so you'll have the house all to yourselves-" he started and she cut him off, knowing exactly what he meant.