046 | trust the process

xlvi

xlvi. life goes on and I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world

ANDY WALKED INTO THE THEATRE room euth Kourtney, Carlos and Ashlyn the next day after the film had wrapped to see that the room was completley empty.

They stood around, having forgotten that the show had been cancelled but they'd received an alarming text from Misd Jenn

"Okay, what happened?" Ashlyn asked, referring to the text they received saying that someone died.

That's when Maddox and Jet walked in, equally confused. Everyone waited for some sort of explanation.

"Technically, nobody died," Mids Jenn explained.

Maddox furrowed her brow in confusion, "You texted us that there's been a death,"

"There has been," Ricky said, breaking the silence, "Our drama club,"

They were all silent. Nobody could imagine a world in which the drama club didn't exist and it was difficult to comprehend.

"None of you except for Emmy showed up for rehearsals yesterday," Ricky stated, a bitter tone to his voice.

Kourtney scoffed, "Excuse me, you weren't here either,"

"I had an existential crisis about my future," Ricky exclaimed, raising his voice sightly.

Everyone started talking over one another, trying to explain why their reason about missing rehearsal was important.

Mr Mazzara rushed into the room, phone in hand, his entrance interrupting the bickering, "I got your text about something being dead," he stood there, out of breath, "You look alive,"

Miss Jenn looked at him, a sad smile on her face, "Is it true?" She asked, quiet.

He nodded, "Principal Gutierrez gave your funding to my department and I've given it to the local orphanage," he explained, nonchalant.

Maddox laughed at his words but stopped when she realised nobofy else was laughing, "Oh. You weren't kidding,"

"He never is," Andy stated.

"It means we don't have the budget to make costumes, or build sets," Miss Jenn said.

Everyone started talking over one another again, trying to figure out what they could do to try and save the drama department.

Miss Jenn clapped her hands, cutting off their ramblings, "Wildcats, if there's two things I've learnt is to know when to enter or to exit. Today we do the latter,"

She had tears in her eyes as she said that. Nobody was ready to leave the drama club and stop doing this.

Emmy ran off, tears in her eyes and everyone just watched, "I made a child cry today," Miss Jenn muttered.