022 | the field trip

xxii

xxii. little does he know his
whole worlds about to change

EJ, AND ANDY SAT IN A ROOM IN front of a camera as they prepared for the news show they signed up for, the east high morning news show.

"Welcome to the East High Morning Show, I'm Ej Caswell," he said as they both sat on the chairs

"And I'm Andy Kennedy and we're co-hosting the first ever East High Morning show," she introduced herself.

"Cause I'm the president of the AV club," EJ said with a grin.

"And I'm also the president of the AV club," she said with a laugh, the two smiling at each other.

Andy had been trying to convince Mr Mazzara to let them have a morning show for ages and now that there were more people in the AV club, it was allowed.

Now the two of them sat there, nobody knowing about their relationship as they co-hosted a show.

"And now for our first guest, you know her from the Rose Song which has been blowing up the East High Instagram," she said and EJ quickly cut in.

"Sorry, quick reminder, tickets for Beauty and the Beast go on sale next week," he added in.

"Thats right EJ, now, please welcome Nini Salazar-Roberts," Andy said and she walked in, the duo cheering.

After her song about being the Rose went viral, they were hoping to convince more people to come onto the morning show and to come see the theatre production.

"Thanks for having me," she said and EJ placed a finger on his ear like he was on a real morning show.

"This just in, Ninis song has over 2,500 views, making it the most viewed post in drama club history," EJ explained and Nini looked shocked.

"Nini, how does it feel to be you right now?" Andy asked and Nini said she felt good.

Nini had never had this level of popularity before and it felt weird t

They continued the interview until the show ended, the three having to go to an impromptu meeting by Miss Jenn.

"Everyone, attention please. We are in such a good place and today our wonderful actor/designer Kourtney Greene is going to show you the completed costumes," she explained and everyone cheered.

Kourtney pulled the tarp off of the rack and everyone cheered as they saw their costumes.

But then she went to show individual costumes. She showed them the details of the dress and the design.