038 | camp prom

xxxviii

xxxviii. you can dance, you can
jive, having the time of your life

RICKY WOKE UP IN THE BOYS CABIN and reached over for the presents on the side.

Every year, he would sneak into Andys room and startle her awake and she would do the same. It was their tradition and he didn't want to stop now.

Their friendship had been a little rocky since the Lily thing but they were back on track to being best friends again.

He walked over to EJs bunk and nudged the boy, poking him in the back but he didn't move.

Ricky rolled his eyes before grabbing onto one shoulder and shaking him slightly. EJ groaned, eyes fluttering open as he turned to look at Ricky.

"Hey man, you wanna come with me to surprise Andy?" He asked, voice quiet as not to wake the other boys up.

His eyes went wide as he realised where he was. EJ felt the body that was snug next to him start to move and he remembered last night.

Him and Andy had fallen asleep after watching a film and she hadn't gone back. She was now fast asleep in his arms.

He looked down at her and Ricky followed his eyeline. When he saw the sleeping Andy snuggled up to EJs chest, his arm around her waist, his eyes went wide.

"Dude! The rest of us are in here, you can't jus-" he started, voice getting louder.

EJ cut him off quickly, "nothing happened, calm down," he reassured before looking down at his girlfriend.

He shook her slightly, "Andy, baby, wake up," he said, "We fell asleep,"

She jolted awake when she heard that, eyes wide. She looked at Ricky, birthday balloons in his hands.

"Shit!" She said, realising that the girls would realise she was missing soon.

"Happy birthday Andy," ricky said, his celebration for her ruined slightly.

She calmed down for a second, sitting on the edge of EJs bed in the clothes from last night and his hoodie.

"Thank you Rick," she said, a smile on her face, "Now I'm going to sneak back into the girls bunk and you do this again,"

He nodded, giving her a joking salute before opening the door to the outside.

Andy turned to EJ, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek before grabbing her shirt and running out of the cabin.

When she was gone, Ricky turned to EJ, his arms crossed on his chest, "I can't believe you man,"

EJ groaned, his head in his hands. He couldn't believe that they had fallen asleep.

☆☆☆

AFTER THE EVENTS OF THE MORNING, the girls sat in the cabin, getting ready for the 60s themed camp prom.