Chapter 30

Tris P.O.V~

Why didn't he just tell me if I was gonna find out anyways, I'm so fricken mad. Finding out a family friend isn't actually dead and he knew about it.

"We need to talk privately." Caleb says.

Evelyn sighs and dismisses everyone in the room.

"So what brings you guys here?" She asks.

"Well...um...we..." Caleb stutters.

"We want to get rid of the factionless." I spit out. Tobias glares at me.

"Over my dead body." She says.

"Are you sure it won't be over your fake one?" I sass.

"Beatrice." Caleb warns quietly.

"Beatrice Prior? What happened?" She says.

"Your asking me what happened? I should be asking you the same question." I say.

Evelyn opens her mouth to say something but shuts it and takes a deep breath.

"I know your probably mad and confused but let's talk about this another time." She says calmly. I nod and sit back down. I didn't even know I stood up.

"I'm not letting you get rid of factionless." She says looking at all of us in the eye.

"Okay how about this. 16 year old now have a chance to move to another faction like everyone else. And since most factionless are people who didn't pass initiation, they should get a second. So, 16 goes the same time as every other 16 year old. We'll have a separate time for people from 17 to 22 go at a time and then another time for people between ages 23-30. Anyone after 30 will stay factionless." Caleb offers. We never agreed to that.

"But what happens over time and no one else is factionless?" Evelyn asks.

"How about we don't cut as many people in initiation." Caleb offers.

"I think that's fair." She says.

"Alright, so we'll be on our way." Caleb says and we all stand up.

"Nice seeing you guys again and Tobias, can I talk to you." Evelyn says. Tobias looks at me. I roll my eyes.

Caleb and I leave.

Caleb goes to his car while I wait for the train.

I still can't believe Tobias.

The train comes and I start to run. I hop on with little to no problem.

I just think about everything and see that I'm near the compound.

I hop off and go to the cafeteria to get some cake.

I grab some cake and sit at a table.

Zeke, Uriah, Will, and Peter walk in, grab some cake, notice me and sit around me.

"Why's Trissy-Poo so upset?" Uriah asks.

"Not in the mood Uriah. Where's the girls?" I ask.

"Shopping. And they're looking for you." Zeke says.

I groan and throw my head back.

I look back down to my plate and see my slice of cake is gone. I sigh knowing one of the guys took it, most likely Uriah.

"Give me your piece of cake right know." I say in a deadly tone.

Uriah slowly slides his plate in front of me.

I stab my fork into my cake multiple times.

I look up toward the door and see the girls rushing into the cafeteria and spot me instantly.