Chapter 21

Tris P.O.V ~

After 4 painful hours of shopping we finally finish and are head to Chris' apartment. My arms feel like they are going to fall off and I'm starving. We skipped lunch.

We walk in to Chris' apartment and drop all of the bags along with Lynn.

"Hey! Don't drop those bags. Expensive things are in them!" Chris shouts.

"I don't care. I'm gonna go get something to eat." I announce about to go to the dinning hall. Ya, about.

"I have food here that you can eat." Chris says.

"Ugh fine! Only 'cause it's closer."

Lynn and I go to the kitchen while the others go to the bedroom with the bags.

"Chris! I don't see anything!" I exclaim.

"In the fridge, there should be some pre-made ham sandwiches." She yells back.

We pull our the sandwiches and Lynn starts to talk.

"Just warning you, when you open your gifts, make sure you family doesn't see the ones from Chris, Shauna, or Marlene."

"Thanks...." I roll my eyes. I have a few ideas what they would buy me.

"Tris! Lynn! Time to get ready!" Shauna calls out.

"But the party is at 11:00 and it's only 3:30." I call back.

"We don't care what time it is! We're getting you ready now!" Marlene says.

"Can you at least let us finish lunch?" Lynn asks.

"Fine! But hurry!" Chris says.

➖➖➖➖TIME LAPSE➖➖➖➖

It took us a little under 5 hours just to get me and Lynn dressed. It only took me an hour to convince me to where a dress, but Lynn, that's a whole other story. It took 4 hours for Lynn and the girls to come to an agreement. Lynn wanted to dress in shorts and a t-shirt, the girls wanted to put her in a dress. Finally they agreed to put her in a black crop tee and a white skirt. You can tell Chris picked out the outfit. I'm in a black dress with the sleeves that fall off the shoulders. Shauna is almost the same but it has lace on the top. Chris and Marlene have a plain and simple strapless dress but Marlene's dress hugs her thighs and Chris' doesn't.

"Make up time!" Chris says.

➖➖➖➖TIME LAPSE➖➖➖➖

Finally it's time to go to the party.

"Chris, I look and feel like a slut." I complain.

"Your not one no worries." Chris reassures and pushes me and Lynn out the door.

"I don't want people to see me like this!" Lynn yells.

We walk to Uriah's place. We didn't run into anyone, I guess it's 'cause it's 11:00.

"Explain to me why Uriah is having this so late." I ask.

"I honestly have no idea." Shauna says.

"And Chris, why are all our dresses black?"

"We are dauntless aren't we?" Chris says with a smirk.

We reach the apartment and knock. Uriah opens it and he's not drunk. Weird.

"Hey ladies. Come on in." He says.

When we walk in and all heads snap our way.

"Woah." All the guys say. We blush.

"Beatrice, what are you wearing?" Caleb asks me.

"Umm a dress?" I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world, which it is.

"Go change, you look like a slut." Caleb says.

I hear Uriah I think mutter 'oh shit'.

"Sorry Caleb no. I'm not your little sister anymore. Your my little brother."

"I maybe younger, but I'm still taller."

"What does that have to do with anything? And you call yourself an Erudite? Oh and I maybe smaller but I can whoop your ass anytime."

A bunch of 'oooooo's' are said. I give a slight chuckle.

"Okay, guys shut up. I wanna playyyyy!" Uriah whines.

"Sorry Tris." Caleb says.

I sigh. "It's alright. Whatever, okay?"

"Okay." (A/N: Had to do that. Sorry.)

"Before we start, Tris' mom and I have a little bit of a challenge."

"What challenge?" I ask.

"Well, just between me and your mom, whoever takes off an article of clothing loses." Uriah explains.

"Okay?"

"I'll start because it is my place." Uriah says.

"Why don't we have Tris start, her birthday is in a hour." My mom says grinning. I know what she's planning.

"Okay?" Uriah says confused.

"Mom, Candor or Dauntless?" I ask.

"Dauntless." She says.

"Okay, before the dare, go get some black clothes. It would be weird to see an abnegation egg the first person she sees in the pit." I say.

"Okay?"

"Chris, get her some clothes." I order.

"Be right back." A perky Chris says.

A few minutes later Chris clothes back with some clothes.

"Before she changes, are they appropriate?" I ask.

"Yes. I did it just for you." Chris says.

"Let me see them." I order. It's just a pair of black leggings and a tank top. "Alright..."

Minutes later my mom comes out and she grabs two eggs from the fridge.

"Witnesses?" She ask.

Uriah, Chris, and I go. We walk into the pit and no one is here, so we'll just have to wait. Soon after Eric and Max walk through the doors of the pit on the other side. We run near them, not to be seen. My mom throws both of them and we hear a crack and Eric say, "the hell?"

"It's probably one of the Pedrads." Max says.

We all start cracking up and we stand up. They turn around.

"Uriah, did you throw this?" Max asks.

"Not this time. She did." Uriah says pointing to my mom.

"Natalie, just like when we played, never backed down from anything." Max says. My mom just smiles.

"Well we better get back." I say and Uriah, my mom and I head back.

{HELP! So, I want Uriah to lose in the Candor or Dauntless challenge between him and Tris' mom. But I can't think of a question. HELP!}