Chapter 32

Tris P.O.V~

After lunch everyone went outside towards the factionless centre. I could've walked with them but the train comes right in from of abnegation and it's a less chance of running into Four.

I'm the only one on the train so, beside the wind, it's silent.

When I get to the abnegation centre I jump off and do a side roll.

I get to my house and I look next door to my left. Susan and Roberts parents live there. I wonder how there doing.

I look to my right and see Marcus' house. I shutter at the thought of Four being whipped and beaten. Even if we aren't on good terms, I still love him.

I knock on the door and I instantly here people scrambling. I wonder if my parents are hiding something. Or it could be work. They are leaders.

"Beatrice?" My dad asks as soon as he opens the door. I give him a look as if I'm saying, 'It's Tris, dad.'

"Sorry, Tris." He says.

"Hey." I walk in and give him a quick hug. "Is mom here?"

"In here!" I hear her call out from the kitchen.

I walk in and see her looking over files at the table.

"What are these?" I ask as I throw the notes on the table in front of her.

She looks up at my dad and back at me.

"Let's go for a walk." She says and stands up, grabbing the notes as well.

"I'll be back before dinner." She says to my dad and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay love you." He says.

"Love you too." She says and heads towards the door.

I give my dad another hug but it lasts longer.

"Love you, Beatrice." He says with a smirk.

I give him a mock glare.

"Love you too dad." I reply and follow mom.

We walk for a bit in silence until we're out of the Abnegation sector and starting to walk closer to the Factionless.

"Tris, what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anyone." She says.

I nod.

"No one. Not your friends, Caleb, your dad, not even Tobias." She says.

I hesitate but nod slowly.

We passing dauntless left and right, but they'd be to busy doing idiotic things to pay attention.

"The faction system, is an experiment." She says.

"What?" I ask breathlessly. "How do you know this?"

"A couple miles outside the fence is a building called the Bureau. I worked there. When this experiment started going down hill, David, the head of the Bureau, sent me to go to save it."

"So everything that ever happened between us were lies?" I ask.

"Nothing between us were lies. When I told you and Caleb the story how your father and I met and our life together before we had you guys was true. You guys never asked me about my life before I met Andrew." She said.

"Actually I did ask about your lives, you just ignored me every time." I say.

"I'm sorry sweetie." She says.

"You'll be more sorry if anything happens when we go outside the fence." I say. From there it's silent. I guess I was harsh, but she didn't tell me anything.