Chapter 9

Once everyone is gone, I take a quick shower. Once I'm done I go to my closet a throw on a tank top and a pair of shorts because it is the summer.

I head outside and start walking toward Max's office. Along the way Uriah comes up behind me.

"Hey Trissy." He greets.

"Hey Uriah." I say

"Do you know what the meeting is for?"

"I don't know really. It could just be a simple meeting on what a dauntless leader does or something like that."

"Ya I agree."

We walk in silence for a while until we reach Max's office. I knock on the door and hear a faint 'come in' from the inside. We walk in and see Max, Eric, and two empty seats for Uriah and I. We take a seat and Max begins.

"So I brought you two here just to talk to you guys about leadership. However before I start, Eric, why are you here?"

"I'm just here to make sure nothing happens." He grins.

"Eric leave now." Max commands.

"Um no thanks."

"Eric leave now or so help me I'll--" Eric cuts him off.

"You'll what."

"I will kick you out of dauntless." Max smirks.

"Okay, okay. I'm going." He groans. He gets up and then leaves.

"As I was saying, dauntless leadership is a big thing. We decide on how we runs things here and we get a say in ways to make sure to keep the peace between the factions. There isn't any training for you guys, but just because your new at this, I will tell you guys what to do until I think you are okay. Now if you'll follow me, I'll show you the perks of being a leader." He leads us down the hallway and stops at a double door. He opens the right door and walks in with us close behind him. The room is huge. It has two large desk on the side walls. Two filing cabinets in each back corner and one tall cabinet on the back wall. There are also windows that look out onto the pit.

"This," he starts "is your office. You guys will be sharing one. You don't mind, do you?" Uriah and I both shake are head. "Good. This office is meant for sharing, that's why it's so big. I thought you guys would mind because the only other person to share and room with is with Eric and I am pretty sure none of you wants to share one with Eric."

"Who would?" Uriah asks.

"Right. Anyways, these are yours." Max says handing me and Uriah a set of keys.

"What are these for?" I ask.

"One of them is for your office. Another one is to get into any room in the compound--"

"That's awesome." Uriah says.

"Ya. Anyways, one of them is for the fence and this tag is to get into any other faction compound. Oh and that key is for your new car."

"Like I said before, that's awesome."

"Before I forget, here is your license." Max hands us each a card with our picture on it and our ID.

"That's all for today accept there is a meeting tonight in my office at 7:00 with all the other faction leaders including the ones that just became a leader. Bye."

"Bye." Uriah and I both say.

Once Max leaves Uriah and I look around. I look in the far corner and see a camera.

"How much do you wanna bet that Zeke, Four, and Will are watching us right now?" I ask Uriah.

"20 dollars." He says.

"Uriah it's just..." I start, but I do want money. "Your on. Race ya to the control room." And with that I dash to the control room. I get there first and when I'm inside I see Zeke, Four, and Will all looking at a computer screen. I was gonna scare them but Uriah comes in and yells, "Damn! She beat me!"

I chuckle.

"Whatever. Anyways, guys were you by any chance spying on us in our office?" I ask the boys.

"Whaaaaat?" They all say.

"Pay up Uriah." I walk towards him.

"But they didn't say the did."

"They obviously did. Just look at them." The boys have guilt all over their faces.

"Pay. Up." I command.

"I'm not scared of you." Uriah says 'bravely'.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you little bro." Zeke says trying to scare him. I stifle a laugh.

"What's the worst she can do."

Once the word 'do' leaves his mouth, I grab his right arm and place his wrist right between the two shoulder blades.

"Is that the best you could do." He brags. So I push his arm up, closer to his head and he screams in pain.

"I'll stop until you give me the money."

"But they didn't say they were watching!" He yells.

"I don't care anymore. Pay. Up."

"Fine here." He gives me a 20.

"Thank you." I say and I skip over to Tobias and give him a peck on the cheek.

"Wanna go to lunch?" I ask. He looks at his watch and says, "Sure."

"Finally it's lunch. I feel like I've been here forever!" Zeke says.

With that, we all head to the cafeteria.

A/N: Hey initiates! Sorry this took a while. It's here now. Hope you guys enjoy this. I'll try and post one during the long weekend. Sorry if I don't. And if I don't, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

<< Vote!>>

<<Comment>>

<<Follow>>