Chapter 13

"Hey." I say to the gang when I sit down with my lunch.

"Hey. How was the meeting?" Shauna asks.

"Like all meetings. We discus things, Four kills his dad, then I find out Zeke, Uriah, and Eric are my cousins. Nothing really exciting or anything." I say.

"Wait. Zeke and Uriah are your cousins?" Christina repeats. I nod.

"And Eric."

"Oooh that's gotta be awful." She says. I chuckle.

"You killed your dad, Four?" Marlene asks. He nods.

"Nice." She smirks.

Christina looks like she's looking for someone. "You looking for someone Chris?" I ask.

"Has anyone seen Will?" She asks.

"Ya I saw him in Max's office. That's where the meeting was. He came in a run up to this Erudite girl and hugged her." Uriah says. He smirks at me. What is he doing. I think.

"WHAT?" Chris yells.

"Ya. And she really pretty." Zeke adds.

"HE'S FRICKEN CHEATING ON ME!!!" She yells louder.

"Chris calm down-- " I start but she cuts me off.

"NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN TRIS!! MY BOYFRIEND IS CHEATING ON ME!"

"It's his sister they're talking about." I tell her. Her facial expression changes instantly. We all burst into laughter.

"I hate you two." She says flatly.

"You still love us though." Uriah says with his goofy smile.

"Shall I bring up what happened before the meeting?" Chris says.

"No no no. I'm good." Uriah says.

"What happened?" Tobias asked.

"Wellll--" Chris says dragging the 'l'.

"He doesn't need to know." Uriah cuts in.

"Know what?" Tobias asks.

"We got Tris dressed up really nicely for the meeting and along the way we run into Uriah and he's like, 'Tris, you look hot.'" Chris says. I can see Tobias getting an evil idea in his head.

"Uriah, if I were you, I'd run." Tobias says angrily. Uriah darts for the exit. Tobias starts to laugh and eventually everyone joins in.

"Did-you-see-his-face?" Marlene says between laughs.

After our laughing fit, Marlene says, "I better go find him."

Moments later Will comes in with Cara and the Erudite and Abnegation leaders and Max. Everyone goes silent.

"Listen up everyone, there is a storm outside one of the worst ones we've ever have. So, no one is allowed to leave the compound and I advise you to not go outside. Erudite contacted everyone and said that the storm will last at least 3 days." Everyone groans. "Sorry for the inconvenience." Max says.

With that everyone goes back to their conversations. Will and the leaders come over to our table.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet my sister Cara." Everyone mumbles 'hey' and 'hi' "Tris, would you like to introduce the rest?" Will practically tells me.

"Thanks Will," I glare at him, "that's my brother Caleb and Alice, Erudite leaders. That's my mom, dad, and Susan, Abnegation leaders." I introduce.

"Where's Amity and Candor?" Christina asks.

"They left early." Uriah answers. Everyone nods. My family and the other leaders sit beside us.

"So when you having your wedding. I need to know so I can know when I need to start planning." Chris says.

"What wedding?" My dad and brother both ask.

"Chris...." I whisper so only the group hears.

"What?" My father asks.

"What?" I reply.

"Who are you getting married to?" My father asks sternly.

"Umm..." I look at my friends. Right when I look at them, they point to Tobias. I glare.
I slowly turn back to my dad.

"Him?" He asks.

"What's wrong with him?" I mimic.

"What if he's like his father?" He asks.

"I have you know I am nothing like my father, nor will I ever be." Tobias cuts in.

"How can I be so sure." My dad asks.

"Dad stop. Okay? Just stop." I say.

"Fine. And aren't you a little to old for my daughter." He asks. I sigh.

"I'm 18." Tobias says.

"Your 18!! Beatrice, are you serious? Your only 16!" My dad says quite loudly.

My mother sighs. "Andrew, I think we should tell them, they're old enough." She says.

"Tell us what?" Caleb and I both ask.

"Well, Beatrice--" she starts.

"It's Tris." I cut.

"Tris, your not actually 16."

"What?" Everyone says.

"Yes. Your fake birthday, is in about 10 months, while your real birthday is 3 days."

"What?" Everyone says again.

"Yes. We changed your birthday so Caleb would be the older one, to protect you. But, I guess you don't need him anymore, so surprise." She finishes.

"So I'm older than Caleb?" I ask. She nods.

"HA!" I yell to Caleb.

"Wait. Her birthday is in 3 days?" Chris asks. My parents nod.

"Girl. We need to start shopping now, or we won't have enough time." She shrieks gets up.

I groan. She notices me not moving and gets up and starts dragging me away. I mouth 'help me' to Tobias. He chuckles and shakes his head. I give him a death glare. This shopping trip will be fun. Not!