Chapter 31

Tobias P.O.V~

I hop off the train when I get near the Factionless Centre. I walk straight through the broken doors. People stare at me, some whisper. I ignore them and walk into Evelyn's office without knocking. Everyone in her office glares at me, I probably interrupted a meeting or something.

"We need to talk." I say with no emotion dropping my bag beside the door.

"Dismiss." She says to the group.

On the way out they murmur things about me.

Before I close the door I shout to the group, "I don't think it's smart to say things about your leaders son!"

They look back in shock and walk faster.

"Say what you need to say quickly." She says with zero emotion. I guess I got that from her.

"Whatever your plan is, I'm in." I say and sit down.

She looks up at me, shocked.

"Are you sure you don't want to hear what my plan is first?" She asks.

"What's your plan?" I ask and lean back in my chair.

"I've been planning this for a while now, Tobias. I want no more factions." She says.

I quickly lean forward in my chair and ponder over what she just said.

"I'll think about it." I say and go to pick up my bag.

"I thought you said whatever your plan is, I'm in." Evelyn says.

"Yeah, because I thought it was something stupid." I exclaim.

"And why would you think that?" She asks.

"Because, you've made some stupid decisions before." I said.

"You've barley know me." She says.

"And why is that, Evelyn?"

She sighs. "Alright fine, I have made an extremely stupid decision. I'm sorry."

I walk up to her and she stands up from her chair.

"If you think sorry will cut it, think again." I say in a deadly tone.

I take a couple steps back.

"Where can I stay?" I ask.

"I'll get my assistant to show you to your room. You should know him, he didn't exactly make it into dauntless but was first in fighting." She says with a smirk.

A moment later, Edward walks in.

"Now I know the real you, Tobias." He says with a smirk. "Follow me."

I follow Edward to my room.

"Thanks." I say and open the door and walk in.

"You know Eaton," I turn around "with you on our side we'll be indestructible." He says.

"If I'm on your side. And even if I was, we'd never be indestructible." I say and close my door.

Tris P.O.V~

I'm thinking about what just happened and I'm speechless. I can't believe he actually left.

Someone hitting the door rapidly pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Tris! Open this door right now before we break it down." Zeke yells from the other side.

"Why?" I try to say without my voice cracking. Too late.