Popularity Specials

Bea's Story
The Event

I always hated history class. It always made me sleepy. And I don't know if it's because of the subject itself or that Mr Bradley is the most boring person I've ever met in my life. And trust me, that's saying something. And this day wasn't any different.

Immediately Mr Bradley started teaching, it was like someone was hitting my face with the softest pillow in the world. I slept off faster than a gun going off and I had gone deep into it within five minutes. But you can't really blame me for it. I mean 40 percent of the class were already asleep before me. Yup, in five minutes, it's that bad.

Anyways, soon enough, I had a dream. And no surprise, it was about what I had been thinking of and anticipating for the longest time. The 7th official M.A.G.I.C gaming convention which was almost 2 months away.

Now in case you don't know, which would be weird, M.A.G.I.C is the most popular gaming event that exists since it's existence. Literally every popular gaming company around the world attends it to announce a new game or news about one in the making
And considering I am a huuuuge game fanatic, I was super psyched to finally land a ticket. And a silver V.I.P ticket for that matter, which costs 500 dollars. I had to get a job for it, but it was totally worth it.

Anyways, in the dream, Yoshida Sakamoto, the creator of this insane arcade game and my all time favorite game "Nexus Clash", stepped up for his announcement. Soon after, he said he needed someone that would test out the new sequel to Nexus Clash that was in the making.

And as he opened an envelope that a literal rhinoceros came up and handed him (it's a dream after all), he announced the name of the person. "Beatrice Presley". Everyone cheered as I walked to collect a prize, which was weird considering I was supposed to test out a game. But then as I got there, he repeated my name again. And again. And again.
That was when I noticed it was actually Mr Bradley waking me up in the real world.

And as I rose my head planning to claim that I wasn't the only one asleep, it turned out that everyone woke up but me. Such betrayers.

After a few minutes, the class was finally over. And after math class, which was the final class, I was done with school for the day and headed for my job at the Mall of America.

I worked at a coffee shop in the mall called "LahTays" and I wouldn't call it a literal manifestation of the underworld on earth as a friend would say, but I wouldn't call it a joyride as well. It was stressful, but I got paid and I didn't get to do any nasty work like taking out the trash or cleaning the toilets so I was ok.
Some time after I started my shift, I heard someone at the counter when I was backing it.

CONVERSATION

Stranger: Hey woman, I gotta problem with you and this whack ass coffee.
Bea: (Not even turning) Hey Brittany.
Brittany: Wha... How'd you know it was me.
Bea: Maybe cuz your, and I air quote, man voice isn't as manly as you think(giggling).
Brittany: Well you know someday if you keep working in this literal hell on earth, something like that is actually going to happen.
Bea: I doubt that, but thanks for caring.
Brittany: Of course, just looking out for my best girl. Anyways, enough about you....
Bea: Yay, so much affection.
Brittany: So I just went to this really cool party and guess who was there?
Bea: Wait, party? It's 4 in the afternoon.
Brittany: Just guess.
Bea: Uhhh, Levi Anderson.
Brittany: Levi Anderson!! At first I was like eeeeeeekk, and then I was like,(clears throat) sup. You know, playing it cool.
Bea: Wow, he really is your kryptonite.
Brittany: Oh yes he is. Well, we were just chilling, you know, and then he said he wanted to "HANG OUT". So an hour after the party we went to this sushi house....
Bea: Where's all this time? School literally finished some hours ago.
Brittany: ........And we got into talking, you know, in an emotional level. And he was talking about how his mom got sick and he stayed by her today for sometime before the party....
Bea: Now I'm sure I saw Levi in school. Except, did I black out or something?
Brittany: ........Anyways things got heated and we kissed.
Bea: Oh wow. Don't know how you did so much in such little time but, Congratulations.
Brittany: I know, right.
Bea: So, are you guys official yet?
Brittany: What, uhhh no. That season's over.
Bea: That SEASON'S today though (smiling).
Brittany: I mean yeah, but c'mon Bebe, you know I can't help myself.
Bea: That I can agree on. But you've had a crush on Levi for a while now.
Brittany: Well yeah, but there's this guy I met at the party, Kyle, suuuper hot.
Bea: Wow, a new guy. I think that's your new record.
Brittany: Oh please, Bebe. You know me better than that.