XVI- The Reunion

Natural Blonde hair, a little bit of freckles, but what gave her away were the silver eyes. I didn't know how, but I was sure my supposedly dead blood mother was now standing right in front of me. Tears had filled my eyes at this point. 'Mom?' I asked in astonishment surprised at what was happening. 'Yes, my dear' she said. At this point, I was lost. I thought it was a ghost or something because seeing her brought back memories.

----------CONVERSATION----------
Ash: How? How's this possible? I thought you were dead?
Mom: I know, I'm sorry.
Ash: Then what happened?
Mom: It's a long story.
Ash: Well, I'm all ears.
Mom: Okay. So it all started with  your father and I. We were never in the best terms with each other and I couldn't take it anymore. You were the only thing that kept us together but apparently it wasn't enough for him.So I decided to get a divorce. But we didn't know who would have you. I couldn't leave you with him because he had changed from the man I loved and married. So I decided to run away with you. But he found out and followed me to the train station. But what he didn't know was that you were with my sister at the point. He didn't believe when I told him that I didn't take you so he followed me into the train but at the last second I jumped out and it took him instead. I wanted to use it as a way to stall while I take you out of the country. I'd been happy up until I saw.......... I saw.........
Ash: You saw it crash?

Tears had filled her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

Mom: Yes. All that filled my head wasn't even the fact I was supposed to be in there, but the fact that I had killed the love of my life. I was scared so I ran off hoping I would come back to get you but I was a coward. By the time I heard Mari had died, I wanted to get you, but I heard you had been sent to another family. I'm sorry for failing you.

Her calm voice had now had cracks and she was crying heavily. So I had to comfort her.

Ash: It's not your fault. Don't cry, mom. Hearing it pains me so dearly and I'm astonished. But what I'm happy about is that you're still alive and that's all that matters at this point. But what I don't get is why you didn't still take me? We should've still gone together. Aunt Mia fell ill and died and I had to live all by myself for a very long time.
Mom: I heard and I'm sorry. It was after the crash that it made me realize how much I didn't think it through. You were young and I was going to deprive you of your father, friends and family.
Ash: But I still lost all that and a mother too.
Mom: I know and I'm so sorry. But I thought in my head that if I was that self centered, I wasn't the best person to raise you.
Ash: Don't say that. No matter what, I always had you and dad in my mind. I never forgot that day and always honored it every year.
Mom: Thank you. That really lifts a burden in my heart

After that, we caught up with what was happening between us. I asked if she was with anybody but she said she wouldn't be respecting dad if she was so she swore never to fall in love again. I didn't like the idea but it was beautiful. After sometime, she asked me something that was so hard to turn down.

Mom: Come with me.
Ash: What?
Mom: Come live with me again. I mean, I have a great house down at Thompson st. We can start anew. Just you, me and him.
Ash: As much as I would love that, I'd have to turn you down.
Mom: Why?
Ash: Cuz this is my new home. When you weren't here, they gave me everything. It'd be an insult to just leave when they need me.
Mom: But I need you too.
Ash: I know, and I too. But that'll be the most selfish thing that I'd ever do.
Mom: I understand. That's why you were always the smartest one in the house. But just in case you change your mind or just want a mother to talk to, I'm always here for you. Here's my address.

Then she gave me a card with her address details. Later on, a man came in saying 'Maam, we're late for the meeting' so she had to leave. Before she left, I realized something she said that surprised me, so I asked.

Ash: Wait. When you said we'll live together, you said You, I and him. Who's "him"?
Mom: Wait, you haven't met him yet?
Ash: Who?

Then the guy came again and she had to leave.

Mom: You're the smartest boy, you'll find out.

She said as she left me in suspense. Honestly, there were a lot of things in my head that day, but after I saw her, my mind had never been more at ease. After that was lunch so I headed to the cafeteria. There, I saw Mckenzie sitting so I decided to sit with her one last time.

----------CONVERSATION----------
Ash: Hey Kenzie.
Mckenzie: Oh hey Ash, where were you?
Ash: I had to meet my............ someone that was here for me.
Mckenzie: Oh.
Ash: So you do know that this is like our last meal together as bf and gf, right?
Mckenzie: Yeah, I figured much.
Ash: So how's the break up gonna be?
Mckenzie: Relax. Leave all that stuff and focus on our last meal.
Ash: Okay fine.

Then we finished the meal and I asked again. Then immediately after, she spilled water on me and said "It's over, jerk." Then she winked at me and left. Even if it was so annoying, it was finally over. When I got to my room, I took a shower and then a nap. When I woke up, it was night time. I checked my phone and I had some missed calls from Adrian, Payton and even Evie. I called Evie back but her phone was switched off. I really needed Evie's voice at that moment was all I was thinking. Some minutes later, my roommates come in along with Aiden, Leonel and Jaylo. They all told me hey, except Dante of course. Then Aiden realized and got pissed off.

----------CONVERSATION----------
Aiden: Oh my God, I'm tired of this shit.
Adrian: What's up?
Aiden: Why the hell are these two doing this to themselves?(pointing at Dante and I.)
Dante: Me? What'd I do?
Aiden: Why are you not talking to Ash. Dude it's been too long now it's just stupid.
Dante: What are you talking about?
Aiden: I'm saying, you're both behaving like wild animals or babies.
Ash: It's okay Aiden.
Aiden: No. Look Dante, if you don't mend whatever this is, I can't be friends with you anymore.
Dante: What! Why me?
Aiden: Cuz it's all you fault.
Ash: No it's not all. I have to be blamed too for playing with Payton's feelings. She caught me off guard and I panicked. I didn't think she'd have a crush on me and I apologize. But what I don't understand is why you reacted that way.
Dante: You don't know how it feels for your crush to be so madly in love with your best friend. I got turned down for you and after it all, you turned her too. She'd wasted so much to get the opportunity to tell you that and still got declined? I had to be pissed.
Ash: Wow, I'm sorry for hurting you. I didn't know my actions hurt more people than I thought.
Dante: It's cool.
Aiden: Finally.
Dante: Wait. But why Mckenzie?

At this point, there was no reason to not tell them anymore. So I told them everything. From the party to the Evie thing. It was embarrassing hearing my actions but I didn't care. And surprisingly they understood. Although the only thing I didn't mention was the mystery girl. After that, we talked, laughed and the other guys had a sleepover. And once again, I didn't think of what was yet to come for me later on.