XV- The Past

"I love you!" If only you knew how many times I heard that phrase. It became a joke to my brain that I didn't think I'd take it seriously.

But this time it was Payton Hills. Just great. Of everyone that had to say that, it had to be the girl that drags the most attention from everyone in the whole class.
I thought to myself, 'If I had a dollar for every time I heard that?' Before realizing the scenario in front of me. Honestly, I didn't know what to say or do but what I did.

----------CONVERSATION----------
Ash: Cmon, you know I love you too.
Payton: No, I mean I have feelings for you.

At this point, I didn't know what had happened but I knew I couldn't laugh my way out of it.
Everyone in class stared at me waiting for my next move. I was screwed. And just to put the cherry on top of it all was Avory.

Mckenzie: Cmon Ashie. Tell her why you can't say yes.

Just the exact words I'd expected.

Payton: Wait, what? Why can't you say yes?
Ash: Well, because........

Then I took the deepest breath and...

Ash: Im dating Mckenzie.

Only God knew how the class came quiet. Maybe also how many gasps I heard.
Tears rolled gradually from Payton's eyes. "Oh. Then I'm sorry for bothering you." She said with sorrow. I felt so sorry for her but I was still astonished by the whole thing. And that was when the most annoying thing happened.

Dante: Are you fucking kidding me?
Ash: What?
Dante: I'm asking if you're fucking serious right now.
Ash: Bro chill, okay.
Dante: Oh, I am chill. It's just that you decline Payton's confession for, out of everyone, Mckenzie Sanchez?
Mckenzie: Right here btw.
Ash: Well, dude, it is what it is.
Dante: No. You don't have the rights to say that.
Payton: It's okay, Dante.
Dante: But it's not though.
Ash: Look, It's complicated.
Dante: Complicated? COMPLICATED? This girl has wasted time as well as money to tell you that, and all you say is that it's complicated.
Ash: Trust me. It really is.
Dante: Well I'm all ears. Tell me how you fell for the most annoying person in your life.
Mckenzie: Still here thanks for asking.
Ash: That's enough Dante, let it go.
Dante: See, that's your problem. You keep too many secrets sometimes I question myself why I call you my best friend.
Payton: That's enough Dante. I get that you wanna help, but you're not right now.
Dante: I knew you've always been a clown, but right now, you're the biggest joke here.

And that ticked me off.

Ash: You know what, fuck you, and fuck this.

And I left the class.
That was how I left it. For a week long, everyone wasn't talking to me. Dante, Angela,Payton, and even Evie. I was so angry, I moved my seat all the way back.
The only people I could talk to were Mckenzie and Bianca. But at this point, I didn't even care.

A week had passed, and what seemed like an endless torture between Avory and I was finally over(get used to me calling Mckenzie Avory now and then. It's a habit). Well it was supposed to be the next day but I was still happy.

----------CONVERSATION----------
Ash: Only 24 hours until my release.
Mckenzie: Wow. Sure, make it sound like I'm keeping you in chains or something.
Ash: What? I'm just happy it's all gonna be over.
Mckenzie: Fine, fine. But at least tell me one thing. It was fun, wasn't it?
Ash: Well, I wouldn't say fun cuz I was held against my will. But it wasn't all bad.
Mckenzie: Thank You.
Ash: So how's the break up gonna be?
Mckenzie: Leave it to me.
Ash: Fine.
Mckenzie: You're so lucky I'm still with you btw.
Ash: What! You're so lucky I'm even talking to you.
Mckenzie: Cuz I'm the only one you can.
Ash: But what you did was blackmailing. And I hate it.
Mckenzie: Says the guy that came to the party by blackmail.
Ash: Wait, how'd you know that?
Mckenzie: Angela, duh.
Ash: She told you.
Mckenzie: Well yeah. That was after she saw you at Evie's. Or hers.
Ash: Hold on, what? She saw us?
Mckenzie: Hell yeah. She and Payton. How'd you think I got in. I used her card.
Ash: I knew I locked the door.
Mckenzie: They were watching you and her as she pushed you to her bed. She was so hungry for you.
Ash: Shut up.
Mckenzie: They saw you rub her tongue with yours and digested some of that Evie spit. As you grab her tender body and put it against you. As she laid onto you and didn't leave a gap. As she put her palm on your chest and kept going lower, and lower, and lower until she got hold of your.............
Ash: Okay, okay. I know how it went down, jeez.
Mckenzie: (laughing hard) OMG you're so paranoid. That's cute.
Ash: Screw you.
Mckenzie: Oh, don't be mad, Ashie. After all you like her.
Ash: At this point, it doesn't matter.
Mckenzie: Why?
Ash: Cuz no one will get it. All they'll think about is the fact that I'm her brother.
Mckenzie: Well you can't skip past that though.
Ash: I know. I'm not trying to say they should skip it, but at least they should get the fact she's not my blood sister.
Mckenzie: Hmm, I get you. Well enough about that, what happens now?
Ash: Well, I think I'm gonna take a shower since class is over. Then maybe try out basketball since I've got some hidden talents or something.Oh yeah, maybe I'll try that new..........
Mckenzie: Not your boring life story. I mean your relationship status.
Ash: Oh. Well, I'm done with this love stuff so I'm gonna stay single.
Mckenzie: Really, so you won't talk to Evie?
Ash: I mean I've been trying, but she keeps ignoring me. I don't know why.
Mckenzie: Wow, well it's love. Not like I've ever been there though.
Ash: I know right. You've got a heart of stone.
Mckenzie: God, harsh much.
Ash: (Laughing) Am I right or no.
Mckenzie: Whatever. Ooo, what about Payton. What'll you say to her.
Ash: Honestly, I'm not gonna bring it up. I don't know why she said that.
Mckenzie: Cuz she loves you, duh.
Ash: That's the thing. I think she mixed up our friendship with love. I don't think she's sure about that.