36: Recognition Day!

"Are you okay...?" Alistair asked, feeling Adrion's hand grip onto his tighter.

"Not really to be honest..." Adrion responded, looking up.

Alistair looked at him, the stars illuminating his face. His eyes shimmering as he looked out to the night sky. Alistair wanted to come closer until Adrion looked at him, startling him.

"Oh, Sorry about that..." Adrion apologized.

"I-It's alright..." Alistair said.

"Can you tell me...What's going in your mind...?" Alistair asked.

"Guess I can't really hide it now that you've mentioned it..." Adrion said, taking a deep breath.

"Since we'll be ruling a land by then, Don't you feel pressured with all the work that would be put on you once you're left to start...I know we have been trained even if it's a little while, but it just feels...too quick." Adrion explained, Alistair having to relate.

"I do agree with you...I wonder how Alice and Francis feel about it too." Alistair said, agreeing with Adrion.

"But look at the bright side...Just like what Alice always tries to do...Ummm..." Alistair continued, trying to think of a way to make things better.

"You are right on that. Alice always makes things seem more tolerable than what is really is." Adrion said.

"Yeah...She would say that at least we're all doing this together...Or maybe that we'll be...Uhh...Oh! We'll get used to it eventually." Alistair said, trying to be optimistic.

"My sister will always try to think of ways to make things seem better...Damn, I wish I have her optimism..." Adrion said, looking back up to the stars.

"Let me try...Hmmm...How about we just look up and see the stars together?" Adrion said, looking at Alistair.

Alistair nodded and they held hands, coming closer to each other and looked up at the stars above them. Seeing the shimmering lights in the sky along with the breeze from the open window coming in gave them a sense that everything's going to be alright.

"Let's go to bed." Adrion said, standing up.

"A-Alright then..." Alistair responded.

They both went to bed and Adrion pulled Alistair near him, laying his head on his chest. Alistair was a bit surprised and looked at him from above, seeing a smiling Adrion.

"Y-You don-t...Mind...If I...S-Sleep like this?" Alistair asked.

"Of course not, As long as you're comfortable, I'm happy." Adrion responded.

"I...I love you, Adrion..." Alistair said softly, yet loud enough for Adrion to here. Falling asleep after.

"Love you too..." Adrion thought to himself as he closed his eyes.

Meanwhile, Alice and Francis were also up and thinking about the same thing. They were both on the bed and watching something from Francis phone. After a while, Francis was feeling embarrassed and worried.

"This is relaxing, isn't it?" Alice asked.

"Y-Yeah..." Francis responded.

"Hey Alice...I wanna ask you some things." Francis said, Alice curious about it.

"Hm? What is it?" Alice asked.

"For starters...How do you feel...Now that we're going to be leaders? Since you've been very positive about everything, you don't seem pressured at all." Francis asked, making Alice look away.