16: 'Ghost Town'

Today, the successors will be covering the Apparition's territory. They expect to finish the Apparition's territory today since they came back from school earlier. When they arrived, their parents will be doing their rounds today, so Leon and Isabel will be going with them today. Once they entered the Apparition's territory, they had a blast of fog come at their faces. Everyone but Leon, Isabel, Alistair and Owen aren't affected, since they're Apparitions themselves.

"Welcome to the Apparition's territory." Owen said showing the surroundings.

"I can't see anything..." Francis said, seeing nothing but fog.

"Oh wait, let me just give you something." Leon said, giving some special eye drops to Francis.

"Just drop in 2-3 drops of the solution and you'll be able to see the rest of the Apparitions" Leon said, with Francis following the instructions given to him.

"Woah! I can see them!" Francis said in amazement.

"I forgot, since you were only given the temporary solution on your birthday, the effect wore off in just about a day." Leon said.

"Keep the drops just in case, so you won't have any trouble." Owen said, Francis nodding.

They then started to go through the 'ghost town' of some sort. They first came across the neighborhoods and marketplace, just like the others. They were greeted by a lot of Apparitions, big and small, young and old.

"Hello!" a child said, running to the playground built beside the neighborhood.

"Good day." The vendor said as they walked passed them.

"The creatures are very friendly." Alice said, with Owen nodding.

"But I can see from afar that there's a big graveyard there...." Alistair pointed out.

"That's the graveyard for the most important figures in Furroko, but don't worry, we'll be able to get there later." Leon explained.

"Where are the other graveyards for the citizens?" Adrion asked.

"Well...They keep the ashes instead of graveyards because it'll take up space, and the families would rather keep the remains of their relatives. As for those graves, the families allowed us to give them gravestones. If not they'll be given at least 6 months to put them there, then they can take the remains to their homes." Zion explained, the successors nodding.

They continued their walk and reached the graveyard and the library. They looked at the graveyard, seeing a lot of pieces of stone stuck on the ground and have their names carved on another piece of stone attached to it. There were a lot of them in rows and columns. This graveyard has a library next to it. This is called the 'Main Library' since this building hold all history books, law books, and more that are published to be read by the public. In front of the library, there's a holographic image of all the important figures that are currently in the graveyard.

"Wow...that's a lot of creatures..." Alistair said in amazement.

"From our previous leaders to our heroes, the ones that remain in this graveyard have their names here." Zion said.

"What about the others?" Alice asked.

"The others are recorded in the 'Book of Remembrance, where all the names of all important figures of Furroko are hand written, whether or not their ashes or remains are here in the graveyard." Zion explained.

"Well...I've been meaning to ask this for a while..." Alistair said, feeling doubtful but was assured it's alright.

"Well...You 4 have been alive for so long...How are you still alive at this point?" Alistair asked. The 4 Crystals looking at each other.